Saturday, January 14, 2023

Bhogi - 2023

 


Blog and lohri- 2023



Every year on the day before 'makar sankranthi' which usually falls on 15th of January, we, in India, celebrate "bhogi / lohri". 

Days before bhogi and sankranthi is used to clean the house and all the old and unused items are kept aside to be burnt on the day of bhogi....

On this day we burn all the old and unused items - a la bonfire!

But nothing in our Vedic tradition is just physical. Every tradition, every ritual, and every festivity is a reminder to us of our life's goal. Spirituality is woven so beautifully into our day-to-day life. So it is with bhogi and Sankranthi too....

We burn all that is old and unused items. We put them all into the 'bonfire' and welcome the 'new beginning' - The Sankranthi which falls the next day....

Don't just be physical about all this festival. "Old" things represent all that is dead and gone in our lives. The past words, actions, feelings, hurt, insults, grievances, expectations and everything in that line - burn that in the fire called "awareness". Accept that what has happened or not happened is what it is. Move on. Live today for what it offers. Don't let the dead past eat away the possibility of your 'beautiful and lively' life now!

To welcome the 'new' we need to do away with the 'old' - do that through the various techniques taught to you.....and embrace the abundance that life has to offer from tomorrow - the day of Sankranthi....


# bhogi, sankranthi, past and future, leaving the past, moving on, facts of life, 

also read : https://kantipadam.blogspot.com/2022/11/on-purpose-of-past.html 

and

https://kantipadam.blogspot.com/2018/08/on-healing-past.html 

and

https://kantipadam.blogspot.com/2018/08/on-pain-abusers-and-moving-on.html 




5 comments:

Kshitija said...

Thank you very much this post has brought me back.
I slipped and was drowning in the waters of the self pity and anger .
I didn’t even know that I was doing that until I read the post . Then I started reading the first link then I realised wow I am drooling in my past and I am enjoying the grief it was giving me . I said stop to my self and started reading the post it gave me a plan of action.

Thank you for providing the links for the posts . It has always helped me
1. To understand the post
2. To get a plan of action .
3. To work upon myself .
4. I re read them and when I re read them as and when my understanding changes .
Thanks a lot๐Ÿ™

V Sridhar said...

Simply Beautiful... Thank you...
Love & Gratitude ❤️ ๐Ÿ™

Kshitija said...

https://kantipadam.blogspot.com/2022/01/on-sankranthi.html


Today I revisited the above post and the plan of action

Swati said...

Thank you kshetija for the link.
Just did nav grah healing n thinking will do for one month

Mona said...

Thank you Kshitija (good to see your name here ☺️). I will do earth healing for one month. ๐Ÿ™ - Mona