Thursday, January 12, 2023

Me, My Guru – on asking the right question

 


Me, My Guru – on asking the right question

 


One of the students wanted to attend a certain class. He came down and asked, “Guruji, are you conducting my class this Sunday?”

She replied with a smile “No”.

He bowed and left.

I was puzzled. I knew the class that he wanted. And I also knew that that particular class was this Saturday. And yet our Guru didn’t say anything about that class.


Not able to contain myself I asked our Guru “But Guruji, his class is on Saturday. Then why didn’t you tell him that”

Our Guru smiled and answered “Because he didn’t ask ‘when is my class?’ He asked me if he had a class this Sunday and I gave him reply for that question.”

I was stunned. It was so right and so simple!

Contd.....

***  

# on seeking answers, asking questions, seeking, praying, you receive as you seek, ask and it shall be given,

also read :  https://kantipadam.blogspot.com/2009/03/ask-it-shall-be-given.html  

Pointers from the post:

" “Guruji, are you conducting my class this Sunday?”

She replied with a smile “No”." - Look at the question and answer again. If and only if that student had asked "Guruji when can I have my class? or Can you conduct class for me this week or something like that" then he would have had his class that week.

He not only postponed his class, he delayed his learning by God knows how many more days/weeks/years to come?

Never postpone learning. 

There will be a mindset that would blame Guru here. Good for them. But remove Guru represents "One who is everywhere too" by one of the qualities that Guru has. Then here it means you are going to ask in similar fashion everywhere. Maybe, the answers you got is because of how you asked the question. Change the way you ask question and you will see the difference in the way it is answered.

Instead of blaming someone for change, try to see where the problem is and correct it and see the solution right in front of you. Sometimes, the problem vanishes on its own too....

Did you understand this post?

Was it useful?

Did you see how it fits in your life?

Are you able to see how it would ease your life in at least few ways?

        


No comments: