Tuesday, January 10, 2023

Me, my guru – on persistence to do right!

 


Contd....

Me, my guru – on persistence to do right!






“Sometimes, your mind needs more time to accept what your heart knows already to be true!” replied our Guru. “Each one of us knows what is dharm and adharm. Each one knows what is right and what is pleasing. Yet, all follow the mind. All do what pleases them more often than not over what is right. And therein lies their karma and the cause of their suffering. The day they get connected to their heart, they will choose right. The day they start listening to their heart, they can’t go wrong ever!”

If my repetition can get to connect them to their hearts, then I don’t mind all this work” she concluded. And before Rahul could ask a question she continued “If they don’t then at least I wouldn’t have a regret that maybe they would’ve listened to their heart if I had tried enough?! So, you see it is win-win for me. 

His question and frustration were answered without a need to ask. He was silenced! 

I was stumped!

Concluded....

***   

# right and wrong, pleasing and right, 


Pointers :
This story is not about the Guru and her attitude alone!
One who takes "that's how Guru is supposed to be etc " is wrong here.
One who says "I need to be giving like this Guru in all my relationships" has got it right. He is the one who is working on himself the right way. He is the one determined to overcome all expressions of maya in this janma itself and be freed from it....He is the real sadhak! He is "The Student". He has the right attitude.



What did you get from this post?



       

 

 

 

 


No comments: