Wednesday, April 21, 2021

Me, My Guru – On receiving more or less!

 

Contd.....


Me, My Guru – On receiving more or less!









And next, I sat to do ‘japa’ of set number of malas thanking HIM for showing me immediately about my flaw in thinking! How generous of HIM to take time to show even my little flaws the moment it is committed by me!? How can one not love back HIM who is ocean of such unconditional love? How can HE be so caring? I danced with joy. I cried out of love and gratitude for HIM….”

“But what is there to laugh here?” I asked.

“Oh! That! Well, my mind was being smart and arrogant in thinking I can think whatever I want and nobody will come to know of it! And see, immediately it was shown its place! I was imaging my ‘mind’ curling its tail and hiding behind some stool …..” she replied.

Here she was, talking about her mind in third person and also immediately sitting to address its flaw and wrong way of thinking.

I came here to ask “You and I both do the same sadhan technique and yet why is there so much of difference in the results?” and wanted to argue and hurt her on so many levels. But with this simple incident she explained it all so clearly.

It is not about the technique. It was about its usage. Accepting our flaw and disowning the mind was the key to one’s growth and healing. Here I was ‘being adamant’ about ‘how right I was’ ALWAYS!  And yet, here she was even accepting her little mistake (that too just in thought and that too, a flowing thought…!).

She addressed it immediately. She didn’t own it. She didn’t support it. She didn’t make it her ego. And we didn’t take time to do even general healing – forget about healing thoughts and actions of the day!

I kept all my arguments with myself. I knew where I lacked and where I needed to work on. I left her place earlier than others. I had lots of healing to catch up with!

No point sitting there and listening to others and her talk. The point was ‘to heal’. How much we wrote down in our notes didn’t matter. I went home to heal! 

Concluded.....

# on healing, day-to-day healings, awareness, alertness, attitude, character, flaws, ego, 

Questions addressed : 

  • What is love? How we miss out on seeing love because of our wrong definition of love?
  • How to address relationship problems - esp. in marriage?
  • Is your spouse or mil responsible for your problems in marriage?
  • Is divorce and re-marriage solution to your marital problem?
Points worth learning :
  • For us love is 'when we receive something that we demand - esp. in material form ONLY'. This definition reflects our selfishness. And yet, we based on 'our selfishness' go around telling one and all that the 'other person' is not 'loving and caring'. We call 'others' in our relationship bad, insensitive and not giving. How stupid are we?
  • By tolerating our abuse the other person still holds on to the relationship - if that is not love what is?
  • We are demanding and putting conditions on the other. And yet say we are 'suffering because of the other in the relationship'. How convenient is that!? No doubt we are never happy in relationships. 
  • Our selfishness, being adamant and demanding are the root cause of problems in our relationship - not the other person. Know this, Accept this, work on this and heal this. ONLY then you are find happiness in life!



1 comment:

Kshitija said...

Thank you 🙏
This post has addressed the points running in my mind now
Working on them