Tuesday, August 5, 2014

how to turn a problem into solution?

….contd………



Me, My Guru
 
This explanation hit me like Tsunami.  It swept away all the anger, pain, frustrations that I had suffered because of my colleague.  Now, I saw it! I felt stupid.  Why couldn’t I respond “the right way?” he was normal guy but I on the other hand was a Sadhak, yet I didn’t behave as one! True.  I had to work on my attitude so much!

“But you said, my desire is the basis of my pain.  That my desire is the starting point of my suffering and not my wife’s actions! How’s it so here?” asked Vinay.

I knew there state of mind.  I used to be like them few years ago.  But, now I can understand their pain and frustration but I don’t belong there. Previously, even I would get angry when she explained like this for my questions.  I would be confused and feel cheated.  I used to think that she doesn’t understand my problem and even if she does she is not giving me a solution. Now, I know that I used to think so not because of what she used to say but because I never wanted an answer from her.  I wanted her to tell what I wanted to hear in such situations.  That meant I wanted her to say that the other person was bad, I was good, how I was suffering because of that person etc etc.  whereas she preferred to give easy solutions that if we applied and learnt we would be free not only from that pain which brought us to her but also every pain in that line. Yet, it had taken so many years for me to understand that. Now, I simply listen to ‘her’ and ‘blindly’ follow her words to be at peace and get the solution. No, I no longer want her sympathy or her understanding ..

But, she was not analysing this for she continued with her explanation knowing fully well that they may not get it now! Many times, I felt she was talking to someone other than the one she was actually addressing…..yes, I got my answer and I could see that the others who posed this question didn’t…that’s sad!

…contd…..

1 comment:

R.Vaibhav Lal said...

"No, I no longer want her sympathy or her understanding .."

This line was heart piercing... The Bull's Eye shot.. This explains the quality that a Sadhak/Shishya should have... ie.. Sadhak may face troubles in his life but on the basis of this he should not expect his guru to be sympathetic towards him because the trouble's are ultimately for his higher good.

This line is very very meaningful but to live it one needs to have that sense of discrimination to understand that problems can be turned into stepping stones of success.

But the problem is this mindset which is veiled by anger/frustration/desire does not see that opportunity but only sees problem and because of lack of guidance/understanding of that situation only looks at it as a problem with a MAGNIFIED view. :(


I do not want to break the flow of your wonderful teaching which you have been doing since long on this topic but would humbly and very humbly request you to suggest us how to grow that mindset where we can see our problems as opportunities.

Is healing at "Ajna Chackra"(Our temples) enough to develop this??

Please guide us..

Thanks in Advance..