Friday, August 15, 2014

Desire - it's effect




……contd……

“What could be the right intention to become a Reiki Master?” I asked surprised.

“To help others to overcome their personal flaws and to see that they don’t experience the pain/loss that you experienced. Any other personal reason to become a Master – well it can’t be the ‘right’ one.”

Everyone was silent for sometime.  No one talked.  We were all lost in our thoughts. Each applying these words in various  situations and on various persons in our lives.  We were trying to co-relate the cause and it’s effect on our case studies.  A few of us were nodding our heads now and then.  It meant it suited in a certain case. I smiled.

I was in their shoes few years back.  I would agree if it fit in my situation only and only if it agreed to my line of thoughts! A decade and more with her and constant questioning of her on my understanding had helped me come this far. No, this journey was never smooth for me! It had been hurtful and painful too! But, she never seemed to notice my pain – I thought at the start.  Now, I know, she meant well. She knew what I was going through and let me vomit all my anger, frustrations and pain on her. She never did complain once. Many other also did the same.  She never made a scene of it too!

Today, looking at her, I felt my eyes getting moist with tears of gratitude.  She had taken so much of my and our negativity just to help us see things clearly!  If this wasn’t enough, she never mentioned about his even once.  Why and what emotion drove her to act so, I wondered!

…contd….

No comments: