Friday, September 22, 2023

Me, my guru – on knowing self and mind training!

 

Contd.....

Me, my guru – on knowing self and mind training!


Most of us would if we received such an answer in spite of our explanations. Why, even Vaishnav himself has expressed his anger on people who have talked back to him. Aren’t we all like him? We justified our anger but we expected our demands to be justified and were angry who didn’t support our point of view?

But all she did was “No! we don’t stop the medicine intake. We change our alcohol intake first. Then, we sit to see why we drink in the first place. And then address it. Then the need to drink is addressed, and we would take steps toward the right life-style habits. That would speed up the process of healing of that medicine.”

“But I didn’t understand Guruji” continued Vaishnav with stupidity written all over his face. 


“Drunkard's n
eed to drink reflects why he is doing it, cause behind it, and way to heal it. Similarly, by knowing self we’ll know why we have an emotion say anger, jealousy, affection etc, and the cause behind it. Then we can strengthen our positive qualities and work on our weaknesses. But for that first, we should know what and why we feel, think and act in a certain way. If we don’t know why we do anything in a certain way, how can we see if we need to change it or not?”


We all needed time to process all this so we left for the day!

She went into meditation as ever!

Concluded.....

# clarity of thought, knowing self, being aware of self, emotions, causes and conditions of our feelings, disturbing emotions, mind and its games, 

also read suggested: https://kantipadam.blogspot.com/2015/03/oh-god.html 

Pointers to understand:

"“But I didn’t understand Guruji” continued Vaishnav with stupidity written all over his face. " - Read these lines again and again. Many of you must have recollected some character from your life who represents this Vaishnav! It is so easy to recollect that person's stupid statements and expressions - isn't it?

This is where the ego gives itself away! Here is our "judgemental nature" expressed! And we are not even aware of it!!! Why? Because we are so busy looking at the other's stupidity!! 

My mom used to always say "Everyone can see others' back, but not his own". Remember that! It is so easy to look and comment on others' stupidity and weaknesses. But that is not going to benefit us one bit. So, instead let's look at ourselves when we point fingers at others! That way, we get to know ourselves.

And with that the areas to be healed and corrected in us!

This is just one of the ways you are supposed to look at these and such statements in these posts.....

2 comments:

Kshitija said...

Thank you reiki for showing me the mirror.
Since two days I am angry and was feeling that I am doing so much yet why is this happening. I was thinking and thinking about it . Then after reading and re reading this posts I understood my thoughts are the basis of my karma and destiny . Then I realised that many a times I was not validating people’s work properly, I did not have gratitude for them and was taking them for granted and was complaining and crying about abundance in my life . Once I realised this I was not able to bear myself . I felt disgusted to me . It was unbearable . Then I have done few of the reiki techniques that I remembered at that point of time and came back to the blog .
This post and the post of know thyself the link provided helped me to comeback and gave me a grip of myself otherwise I couldn’t bear the deformed me that I saw.

Aparna Deshpande said...

I am reading all this blog's i am taking one step back wait for sometime and then only i do what want to do .thank you so much 🙏🙋🏻‍♀️❤️
Abhi bahot kuch pata chala Raha hai kuch bi kaho par khud par kabu rakhna Sikh Rahi hu🙏🙏🙏🙋🏻‍♀️🌹👍
Thank you 🙏