Friday, September 29, 2023

The art of conversation!

 


The art of conversation!

 


It is possible that what you are saying is right??!!

It is possible that your words are also correct??!!

Yet, if it is told from a ‘wrong center’ (or a wrong tone) it ends up being ‘wrong’. With the wrong tone, it ends up hurting the listener. Think why you are saying what you are saying!  

Is it to hurt the other?

Or

Is it to explain or put forth your point?

If it is to put forth a point, should it not reach the listener?

Would you listen if the other was shouting at you or using tone or words taunting you, demeaning you, or hurting you?

Explaining right is an art. Work on learning that. The relationship is totally based on this ‘art’ of communication ONLY!

Everyone wants to be heard and no one wants to listen! And one who is aggressive in wanting to be heard and agreed upon loses both the listener and the respect that he so much desires to be shown!



har ek baath pe kahthe ho ki tu kya hai, 

tum hi kaho yeh andaze guftagu kya hai...

हर एक बात पे कहते हो के तू क्या है 

तुम ही कहो ये अंदाज़े गुफ़्तगू क्या है।  

what does one call this art of conversation?

for you ever start it with "What are you afterall/ you are good for nothing"


*** ****** ***

# art of conversation, communication, on listening, on being heard, talking, on relationships, empathy, silence, putting forth a point, expressing oneself, misunderstanding, 

Previous posts worth visiting on this topic:https://kantipadam.blogspot.com/search?q=I+cleared+my+throat+not+to+let+out+my+surprise+and+said+%E2%80%9CGood+Morning+Guruji%E2%80%9D. 

and

https://kantipadam.blogspot.com/2016/12/he-and-she.html  - Do Read this story...I wrote it with so much of pain. Read it ten times. See your story in that - either past or present. It reflects the problem, solution and the ending (which is in one's own hand) very clearly.....share your understanding, insights, experiences to support this story.......may be your story will show a way to someone else too....



              


2 comments:

Aparna Deshpande said...

Thank you so much ma'am 💘🙋🏻‍♀️🙏

Kshitija said...

Thank you reiki for showing the mirror.
I initially avoided the post . I have gone through the post in a hurry . This post was in my mind since it was written .
1. I was listening to a voice with in me u need to read it u need to address it . I was shooing it away . Ignoring its voice .
2. Today I mustered the courage to read it . I wanted to face my inner self.
3. Always my communications are not clear to me and I don’t know if the other person really understands me .
4. Some times I see people taking advantage of my inability to say .
5. They say what ever they wish to . I often question myself why am I silent why don’t I speak .
6. When I am wrong I do understand but when I am correct then also I fail to communicate. This often makes me low it seems to be like I failed myself .
7. This post has shown me a way with in .
8 . When I read the blog post of https://kantipadam.blogspot.com/2016/12/he-and-she.html
Ya it’s my story it’s me ,myself I am seeing there .