Thursday, April 20, 2017

Me, My Guru - Ramayana and Rama - Indian Mythology




Contd.....


Such people make excellent lawyers! That really set me thinking. Others were lost judging him and his character but I was looking at it from a different angle altogether. I realized how our mind conjures up facts and projects it to suit our palate! This was really dangerous. And to think we fall back on our arguments based on such logic! Now I knew how we messed up the reality and gave it colours of our choice!


 “World is NOT HOW YOU SEE IT!”  How many time she had told us and yet, I felt she was repetitive, never realizing that inspite of her repeating it so many times we still didn’t understand it. Even if we did it was done topically. We didn’t apply it to our cause of pain and suffering. She kept telling “YOU are responsible for your pain”. This statement of hers actually didn’t have lots of takers. Infact, most of us felt hurt by such words. But now, I saw what she meant. We twisted ‘facts and Truths’ and strongly believed in that make-believe projecting of people and situation. And we were trying to find solutions outside! Ofcourse we failed miserably! We were trying to correct where there was no problem.  Coming to think of it – we or should I talk only for myself? Yes, I seemed to be more a student of Ravana than a bhaktha of Rama. With such an expertise in crooked logic, who could’ve been my Ideal and Guru if not the Greatest Shiva Bhaktha Ravana! Now to think of it I even suspect that we do share our lineage with him more than Rama! I smiled at my thoughts. And to think I was asking for justice arguing my case – all these years! This line of thought amused me and I was intrigued by it. But her laugh caught my attention and I once again came back to her words.


“Just because Ravana came out with such mind-blowing arguments, does he become right? Did Sita ever say ‘she wanted riches’? Infact she left Ayodhya on her accord. There was no need for her to come with Rama. Even Rama and others plead her to stay back and wait for Rama’s return. But she says “All the riches of Ayodhya are bleak in your absence. Your company is all that I seek. I’ll relish roots more with you than all the delicacies of this world
alone” to Rama. All through her stay, though she physically undergoes pain she is joyous all through. When a person has affection for the other, then they will choose company of the person they love to comforts always! And here it was between man and woman who loved each other more than the self!  but how can a dumb mind which knows only lust and is governed and satisfied only by material benefits know the joy of company with the loved ones?

contd.....

(Please Note : SHE when it is referred without any person in particular refers to 'The Guru' who is the connecting link through out the stories....every quotation is 'her' quotation...that's how it is to be understood...sorry if it was not clear all these days......)

Suggested reads : http://kantipadam.blogspot.in/search?q=Divinity+that+is+reiki

No comments: