Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Me, My Guru - Ramayana and Rama - Indian Mythology




Contd.....


“You always tell that ‘nothing happens accidentally. There is a reason behind everything. Now I can see that. Thank-you Guruji for putting it across so clearly and differently to us today. I think it was my day today. So I understood it after so many years”.


I couldn’t see who it was. Actually I didn’t bother to check later too! I was too busy with my own calculations, thoughts, analysing and processing. I was in ‘my zone’. I didn’t bother for and about others. Today she had actually given complete picture for us to see it in one go. The chart that she drew seemed to bring in all aspects in one fold and that eased and helped us to understand the whole facts clearly.


“You mean to say that our every act has a reason. That stands to reason that I am not wrong – every!”


Who the hell was that? How could someone process her explanation that way? But Great Minds can certainly think ‘out-of-the-box’. I was actually irritated. Glad I sat at behind and was not able to see the person asking such question. She would have had it atleast later from me. Women I tell you......


“And that’s why men got away judging women and leaving her quoting Rama”. This woman was really in pain and anguish. The voice said it all. She was living that complaint. I could see it clearly. Oh, so people held Rama responsible this way too for their problems. Poor guy, God knows how long he has to fight this battle to prove his innocence?


“Ravana was well versed in Vedas being a Brahmin and an exponent of knowledge in various subjects like polity, war-fare, language, astrology and what now” Our Guru started her explanation even to such questions. I admired her for her patience and tolerance. How could she take pains to answer even such stupid questions was beyond me. “Being well-versed he used to quote religious texts to drive home points and explain his stand often. When Vibhishana, his younger brother condemned his act of abducting Sita, Ravana’s argument was “A brother is one who stands by his brother. It is the duty of a brother to support another brother in times of need. That’s what a family is for. You surely are an enemy in the guise of my brother. How can you not want me to be happy? You can clearly see that I am in love with Sita and I can not get appeased unless she becomes my consort and accept my love and returns it. We are Asura’s and human rules of not abducting others’ wife don’t apply to us. We by our nature and Dharma are bound to take anything that catches our fancy. We are born to snatch others things by nature. I am just following our Asuric Dharma. One who is mighty frames his rule and women always belong to the ‘mighty man’. All the three worlds know that no one is more powerful than me. Sita being beautiful needs to be with the most powerful man who can protect her and hence I took her under my wing. So, what’s wrong in that? Every woman wants to be wife of a powerful, rich husband who is an excellent lover too! How can Rama who is an ascetic fulfill her desires? A man who left his kingdom because his father gave a word to his wife is no man at all! One who wears barks and eats fruits, do you think can every keep his wife happy? For Sita’s happiness, I abducted her. She’s got the coveted position of being my ‘beloved wife’. Once she realizes that there will be no end to her happiness. Tell me, where am I wrong?”


We laughed. It did hit us a bit. What an argument! He was an excellent and eloquent speaker too! That was obvious with his justification of his act.  Smart man can really give validity to their ‘wrong deed and intention’ too!



contd.....

Related Reads : http://kantipadam.blogspot.in/search?q=what+ramayana+teaches+us

2 comments:

Mona said...

Great speech. A few real life ravanas use such explanations too! I don't understand whether to laugh at their stupidity or give them a lecture on God.
Examples
"Men are supposed to have many lovers like krishna"
"as per gita the purpose of life is to be happy. I'm not happy with my spouse, so its ok to have an affair"

REVATHI said...

such commments help me to write regularly and on related topics...your such comments help you read more...as i get to write more...
most of the time i feel i am on a lonely island and when i get to hear such comments/feedback i think i am still part of humanity....keep writing....