Thursday, April 27, 2017

on knowing self!




On knowing self!

Do I know myself?

Do I take time to be with myself?

What does knowing self means to me?

And what do I do once I know myself?

Knowing is no knowing if I don’t work on transforming myself ......and the work doesn’t stop till I transcend myself........

Now which myself should I know? And which one should I transform and which one should I transcend and why?

These questions bother me....

I have carried them since time immemorial....

I think they deserve an answer now......

And I need to look within........NOW!





2 comments:

Mona said...

Oh my God! I was just thinking almost the same lines a few minutes back, for no good reason. I checked the blog to find my thoughts in your words. Or may be your thoughts travelled to me, so that I can introspect. :-)
I always feel as if I don't know myself enough. Sometimes my close friends and family members make such random observations about me, which I don't think is true at all. Or may be the projected self us much different than the inner self. With meditation,understanding others and situations is definitely much easier than understanding oneself. I think the real reason is our ego or attachment with ourselves. How can we see faults in our own self, when we are do attached to this body/life?

CM said...

Meditation is the best way for this kind of contemplation But at the same time I think that Sastra will give a good help in understanding especially Shankara's Prakaranas. You take any prakarana and start understanding deep meaning it will give ample chance to contemplate. Final goal should be to read and understand Upanishads.