Monday, March 30, 2015

Road not taken





…contd….

So, this fear shouldn’t stop us from making us take decisions. It doesn’t mean you tell me “thanks maam, I wanted to take to drugs since long but was afraid of consequences.” No, I am not talking about such of decisions which are clearly and loudly detrimental to your welfare. I am talking only about such of decisions that you wanted to take but are undeciding because of ‘fear of failure’ like

·         Getting married

·         Taking a break

·         Learning something

·         Talk to someone/ in public

·         Take a vacation

·         Making friends

·         Buying a house etc

We are afraid and confused with ‘what ifs’.

What if it doesn’t work out?

What if I get a better option?

What if I can’t continue and people laugh at me/ rebuke me/ make fun of me?

 

Just remember that there is no guarantee that the other option would work too. This hasn’t worked out true! But that doesn’t mean the other option would.

The road not taken  - By Robert frost

 

…contd….

No comments: