Thursday, March 26, 2015

Finally....






…contd…..


All this explanation, I’ve given as per Valmiki Ramayana. There are different versions in telugu, tamil, moslem, Bengali, nepali, jain, Buddhist and so. In Kerala, muslim community plays a dance-drama during their marriage as part of marriage ceremony in which Ramayan is played. This form of dance is called ‘mappillai pattu’. The story varies in some parts in these versions. These are later day versions and the interpretation is solely of the writer. Why is it so? Don’t we see films based on real life incidents but characters and few imaginary and fictional characters and situations included for the flow of the script. “Similar way, these writers felt that this is the way it would’ve happened. Even if I take and read Valmiki Ramayan, it doesn’t mean I understand it the way it was written! Why? Because I am no Sita or Rama to understand their stature. How can I fully grasp their import and question or justify their action? Then is reading these epics waste as I would never get their meaning in toto? No. read them and that’s why we don’t say ‘reading’ in Sanskrit, we say we did ‘parayanam’ thre is no word I know in English and nearest is reading though! So we don’t complete reading. We read it regularly through out our lives and as we live what we little understand and then read, we understand a little more and that way their meaning changes every time we read them. If it is not happening so, you are blindly looking at words and that is of no use. Stop then and there.


In short understand that you shouldn’t look at the person but at the Ideal and hold it as an example to live up to – however lofty you may feel about yourself yet your Ideal should always be the highest! And Lord Rama represents the higher Ideal by way of a person living as per ‘nyaya’ and dharma. and not everytime ‘nyaya’ (justice) can be right but it is still nyaya and should be lived up to and followed too!


A word


I hope you enjoyed reading explanation of this query as much as I enjoyed explaining it. If explanation was not up to the mark, if it didn’t clear your doubts and if your heart still holds Rama guilty of his acts, then the flaw entirely rests on my explanation only and not in the character of Rama and Sita. Question again as to what was not clear and I’ll try again. But a nobody like me justifying actions of Lord Rama looks like a small lamp trying to show the brilliance of Sun God. How stupid on the part of lamp to think that it can show the world the greatness of Sun! similar has been my effort in this area. It holds good when I talk about any incarnation. In my enthusiasm, I may vomit few examples and explanations but they don’t cover the grandeur of this characters and scriptures. What I feel does impede my writing which otherwise too is limited and crippled as I feel I can explain better in person than in writing. But even that explanation would fall short of the grandeur of these scriptures and ideals that I talk about. So forgive my short-comings and also my arrogance to take up the cause of writing about such topics!


And Vaibhav, explanation apart I did go on a personal ride of bliss just by writing, thinking and feeling all through so thanks for creating one such opportunity to me! What i received this song summarizes : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Luz758PAC04

And your query's answer is given in 9 days - as if it is Ramanavami - 9 days of Rama. This is the celebration one should work towards always and not do it only at physical level!

(And maybe you gave me a 3 mark question and I in my enthusiasm ended up writing a 16 mark answer!)

Jai siya ram!


concluded.....

2 comments:

Vaibhav said...

I have to read all the posts related to this topic again and again to understand it more.. I have read it once.. just glanced and I understood them nicely but this is a very interesting topic for me I will surely read this more and more.

And this song is really very nice...so meaningful Thanks for reminding about this. I heard this song few years back after that now again...

But today just 2-3 hours back I was thinking for a while on this topic... But this time about "Ravan" ..

HA HA HA HA xxxxOxxxxxx THE SO CALLED DANGEROUS,CRUEL AND THE 10 HEADED (NOT 10 PHYSICAL HEADS AS YOU HAVE SAID IN THIS TOPIC THREAD). Hope in those days Moms used to say to their small kids "So Ja Beta, So Ja, Warna Ravan Aa Jayega..." :P :D

So Mam, How can we all forget that Ravan who is major reason why God Vishnu took the divine, very beautiful and the enchanting form of Rama. After all he is the indirect cause. Its very surprising and I have always pondered on this thought that SOMETHING BAD IS THE CAUSE FOR SOMETHING WONDERFUL ISN'T IT? Ravan Cause for Ram!
**********************************************************************************************************************
Q 1)I would love to know more about Ravan. How much ever I hear bad things about him but I also heard that he is no normal Man... He did penance for soooooo long years with so much patience-Ultimate/King of all good habits and gained so much prowess. Also about the other Good qualities he had. Ex: He took so loving care of his sister,Shurpanaka. I heard this once during Rakshabandhan. I do not know the exact story but just heard about this line. I want to hear about all good qualities of Ravan.

Also he was so powerful that almost many gods to feared him and also the Navagrahas were like is Das.
**********************************************************************************************************************


Q 2) Some times I wonder & I feel that I literally cannot say that Ravan is the sole reason coz we know other few instances in Ramayana where other great people like Mata shabari who was waiting for God Rama to arrive at her ashram and how can we forget another greatest lady of that time Mata Ahalya who was waiting for the divine touch of Lord Ram which will give her back her human form

oh wait.. I am now getting confused.. were these one of the many those reasons why the incarnation of Ram happened or is it that god incarnated only with the sole purpose of killing Ravan and all these things were like Add On's? Can you please provide clarity on this mam?
If Ravan is the sole reason then I feel that Mata shabari and Mata Ahalya should indirectly also thank Ravan for because of him they could see Ram.

**********************************************************************************************************************

Mam, For a change in the remaining days of this Navratri and further days shall we also discuss about one of the most powerful demons on earth.The positive side of him. This should be quite interesting!!

Mona said...

Thank you so much for this Ma'am. I must have read this earlier, but I don't clearly remember. It's a joy to read and understand!