Wednesday, September 10, 2014

On comparison



Me, My Guru



…contd….

When I saw others not doing this charity, I got angry thinking how selfish they were and how insensitive they were to their fellow human’s suffering.  But, how could they?  They didn’t have ‘My Guru’ to guide them regularly.  I smiled as this thought crossed my mind.

Neelima and Agarwal bid me goodbye and left in their car.  How stupid these people were? Can’t they walk down to their place?  Why use a vehicle? How environmentally unfriendly it was? Didn’t they know this? I don’t know when such people would behave more responsibly?

These thoughts were still going through my mind as I reached my house.  Today was Sunday and it was the day, I preferred to be at ‘My Guru’s’ place.  I got ready and left my place as soon as possible.

As I opened the gate, I noticed just 2-3 bikes and only one car.  That means, there weren’t may who had come to meet her today.  I was happy.  That meant more time with ‘her’ and also I could get many of my doubts cleared today!

It’s long since I had such a time with ‘her’. I never liked it when she was surrounded by lots of people – which was so most of the time.

I entered after washing my feet. I went and sat down in the hall. I saw Rahul there. God! Why does he come so regularly? He almost monopolizes her time. He cleans the Pooja area, prepares tea and even cooks and serves all. He arranges all the material of the class. He even tends the garden. In short, he does all work here and even without ‘her’ telling anything. I never was comfortable doing chores at her place. I felt not so ‘good’. To be honest, it looked demeaning but he – no it never seemed to occur to him.  He was all over the place doing something or the other. But, I should agree he never made a scene of it or even mention it to anyone. That was a bit surprising!

…contd….

No comments: