Saturday, September 13, 2014

On comparison





…contd….

Now, tell me in such environment how can one be happy? And if one is not happy how can that one give happiness to others. See the connection?

 2.The second emotion we generate is that of so called happiness – one that we experience when we compare with someone inferior (supposedly only) to us.

I call that emotion as ‘supposed happiness’ because it is not real happiness. Why? Because it is sadistic pleasure and that emotion can never give you lasting happiness and that which is not lasting can’t be real too!

Difficult to believe? When I compare with someone and feel elated that I am better than that person, it means my definition of happiness itself is wrong.  It states ‘I’ll be happy only when others are bad’ (here it meaning physically – I mean physically not good looking or having some ailment..). Indirectly you state, my happiness rests in others pain, discomfort, incompleteness, ugliness, suffering, loss, ailment…..and the list continues. Oh my God! What are we saying? Just listen to yourself.  This is demonic pleasure. Right? No doubt, it is sadistic pleasure. If so, then can it give real happiness? No. no wonders we are ever so in pain and suffering.  We are ever in search of peace, happiness, satisfaction and Love.  And here, I am not sorry to say – they can never be yours as long as your definition of happiness is dependent on others unhappiness or failure. And that’s exactly the reason why our emotions fluctuate – dangerously, erratically and even without warning – towards the extremes of highs and lows and we are ever so drained all through the day and even night! This is not because of the physical acts that we do through the day as we presume, but because of the fluctuations in emotions that we experience from pain, anger, depression to sadistic pleasure/ satisfaction – and that depends with whom we are comparing ourselves with all through the day.

…contd……..

No comments: