Thursday, September 18, 2014

On comparison





…contd…..

She continued ‘how do we compare the mental abilities?’ 1. Why can’t you understand as he does? 2.why do I score less than her? 3. Atleast, I got better marks than her. I could’ve got only 45/100 but my happiness is because someone got only 40/100. Does it matter really? Would her scoring 40 make a difference in my rank or my 45 marks. I still am with 45 and my job etc is going to notice only my marks  not ‘how much above her….’ Yet today, to me it matters.
1.   
        When she can remember so well, why can’t i? How stupid. Our memory depends on our ability to concentrate and that on our interest. If we had question, how can I increase my memory like her then, we would’ve got the way and this answer. And it would be easy to understand why we lack interest and how to increase it. Thereafter results would automatically be far above our expectations. But, no. we don’t want to fix the problem. We want to talk about it, discuss about it, cry over it and suffer but to erase – no that is not even in our list of ‘to achieve ‘ or ‘to do list’.

Tell me how can we be more successful, content, confident, complete? Simply impossible. Not because, we are not capable of achieving it. No. But, because we work and put all our energies, thinking and feelings into ‘how to be more miserable and in pain than yesterday?’

Learn to ask ‘right questions’. Problem is not impossible to solve. But, it becomes the source of suffering because of wrong questions! Remember this!

…contd….

No comments: