Monday, September 1, 2014

Is it Love or Hatred?


The Curse!

An old man of the sea once said to me, “It was thirty years ago that a sailor ran away with my daughter. And I cursed them both in my heart, for daughter was all I had in the entire world.” 
“Not long after that, the sailor youth went down with his ship to the bottom of the sea and with him my lovely daughter was lost unto me.”

And now on my way to the grave, I seek God’s forgiveness.” 
To this day, there is a tone of bragging in his words and it seems that he is still proud of the power of his curse!

When we talk of ill-fate of others, is there a tone of satisfaction that justice is at last met? Are we rejoicing in others suffering in the name of justice? Are we celebrating with the statement “उसके घर में ढेर है अंधेर नहीं”?
Let’s understand this wholly that it is always between Him and them. We are no one to comment or talk of justice. We can only look within and work on to make ourselves a better human being than before. And that goodness of ours is not in relation to others in our lives.

Let’s stop being judgmental! Is not Love about saying 'I'll stand by you come what may". 

For me Love is love only when I help the other to achieve his dream - whatever it be! It is about wanting to see the other happy and smiling - whatever be the cost for me and with whom so ever their happiness may be. I should be happy for them. I should work for their happiness not necessarily that happiness comes from me.

Learning to learn the art of love is a life long process! Let’s get hooked to this learning! 

Isn't it funny that 'Love' is one word everyone knows about, talks about and is ever trying to find and yet we haven't defined it nor do we know what it is to 'LOVE'! Strange! No doubt, we are ever cribbing that we 'lack' love in our Life.....
 
Think about it!

No comments: