Wednesday, June 3, 2020

How to understand blog and Me, My Guru series especially




Contd……..


How to understand blog and Me, My Guru series especially


Greek Philosophy Quotes - Bits of Wisdom -

At the same time, there are characters also which reflect our behaviour and the flaws in our attitude.  We can see and judge it clearly when we see it as an outside character. So you can see your mistakes when you see these characters make them. In such cases don’t expect your husband, kid, colleague to behave like a Guru! You need to shift from student quality to your Guru quality to heal that cause of pain in your life.

Philosophy: Socrates, Plato and Aristotle (video) | Khan Academy
There are also Rahul’s, Aziz and such characters who stand by Guru. You also may have someone like them in your life. And usually we tend to like Rahuls more than Vaishnav’s of our life. But look at Guru. She behaves same with all! She behaves not as per how people treat her. She chooses to behave her way. That is freedom. She does what needs to be done and goes about her job with love, commitment and yet with total poise and detachment. That is the way to live every relationship in our life. If she can live with so many people of such nature in her life, why can’t we live with just couple of such people in our life? Does that mean she'll tolerate everyone's nonsense for ever? No, it is told so many times that she let many masters and students out of her circle for good! That shows she knows how much to give and when to stop entertaining them. That is clarity of thought! That is knowing your boundaries and putting them to good use. 

113 Aristotle Quotes That Changed Western History Forever
One more aspect to be noted – nowhere Guru says she is good, patient, forgiving etc. It is all projected by her various students. Understand this point clearly. Go through all the stories if you please to note this. They project as per their expectations, conditions and how they are met. The same student is happy with her once and angry at her next moment. But she remains same!

What better way to understand desire, wish, expectations, conditions and trust!

Contd……..

# expectation, love, conditions, Guru, discipleship, acceptance, teaching and preaching, learning, perception, good and bad in others,  


Question addressed : 

What is expectation?
How to address it?
What is freedom ?
What is being balanced?
Can we behave independent of situations in life?

Point to understand and apply :
  • People will behave as per their nature. What does your nature tell you about yourself?
  • If other's behaviour is deciding how to behave, act, be then who is responsible for that?
  • If your happiness is based on what others have to offer you then do you really think you can ever be happy, secure and peaceful?
Today's miracle :

It was evening well after 7.30pm. I stood at the balcony looking at the sky for some time. It was after sometime that I realized that there was no noise that was disturbing me that night or all the previous nights for quite some time. There was no traffic on the road due to lock down. 
This silence was so calming by itself!
This silence I became aware of when a 'lone biker' drove very fast honking unnecessarily.
The sound made me realize the 'beauty of silence' that I was enjoying all those days of silence!
Is sound imperative for me to understood and value silence?





2 comments:

Supriya said...

Over the last week into this week we have been seeing protests and restlessness due to discrimination in the country I live in. When I first saw that the peaceful protests turned violent I felt like our species has learned nothing.

I felt restless and had a lot of thoughts and wishes for peace for all - for both the good and not so good people on both sides. The more I felt for them the more I sat to heal. I wished that the protests be peaceful; that justice be served in a way that it brings peace and closure; that all good people on both side come together and bring this change. Even when I wasn’t able to sit and heal, I chanted - throughout the day without keeping any count, without the mala, and kept drawing symbols.

One night when I lay in the bed chanting, I found myself in the company of Lord Shiva. I was reminded of the messages I received from the Gods during the light circle in the past months. It gave me peace and faith that it will all work out for everyone; that truth will prevail.

From that day I have been focusing on healing this event and I have been getting news of how the protests were mostly peaceful; how people volunteered to clean up the mess after the looting ended; how people from different races, social, ethnic and economic backgrounds joined the movement; how people from law enforcement in many places kneeled and ask for forgiveness and protesters wept and prayed with them; how the cops hugged and marched with the protesters. Today, I saw how the Governor of my state (not sure about other states) marched with the protesters, and saw communities in my area organized and came together to stand in solidarity and to express that they all feel the pain irrespective of their skin color and are joining hands to bring a change.

I felt hopeful when I saw how they united for the cause and kept their protest against racism and not against people or establishment.

Yes, there were still reports of violence and misjudgment of situation by some authorities but there was also hope from various sections of the same society.

Isn’t it a miracle to see a ray of light amidst this chaos? It felt like the earth is healing and this issue is moving towards a solution. And I now see that our species has learned a lot!

So I continue to heal myself, the earth and the events when I can, in whatever way I can.

Also, I am very grateful to each and every person who is involved in healing Mother Earth.

Wishing peace for one and all!

Supriya

Mona said...

Beautiful 🙏