Wednesday, May 18, 2022

Reflections – on washing clothes

 

Reflections* – on washing clothes




Yesterday, I had to wash three sets of clothes. First set of clothes were of course mine that need not be pressed. They had to be folded – though!

Second set of clothes were those that had to be pressed.

The third set of clothes were those that did not need to be pressed nor required to be folded. They could be handing for couple of days with pleasure.

But, this was not how I labelled them or saw them at the start of my ‘job’. I saw them as just ‘all these had to be washed’. And so, without a second thought, I simply put the third set to be washed first.

You do see the order – right? In actuality, the second set should’ve gone into washing machine first so that they can be given for pressing immediately after. That way, those clothes would’ve one day to get dried up and second day it could conveniently sit with the ‘man who would press them’ (istri).

Contd....

Reflections* -This is the series in which I take day-to-day activity or incident and throw light on the spiritual view of the same.

# reflections, spirituality in day-to-day life, mundane routines and yoga, being in the moment, purpose of life and situations of life, being aware, operating centre, consciousness, 

also read suggested : https://kantipadam.blogspot.com/search?q=Bhagavatam+%E2%80%93+Krishna+answers+King+Dhritarashtra

Suggestion : Note the "Quotes" given in all the posts - they do convey the gist of the explanation sometimes. And at times, they themselves are the answer to the question you are going around with. They can remind you of 'what you knew and have forgotten' and help you to be back on track. Read them - they are not randomly posted. I spend hours searching for exact words to post them. There certainly is a reason why they are posted....





2 comments:

Kshitija said...

Thank you for the reflections . This post has answered some of the questions I have for my self .usually they are as follows.
I am often having this thought .
I do things and I do them in such a hurry it’s like fast forward button on the tape recorder . Also, I observe my thoughts while doing the things they are like for a crowded station . I will be jumping from one thought to other and the work is also done hastily. One , other observation is there is no link between the thoughts .
Then I wonder when no one is seeing me and there is no pressure on me why am I rushing with the things ?
Who is it that I am answerable to that I am in such a haste and hurry ?
One more question that arises is when I don’t have any appointment why am I in a hurry?
Then I realise the work is also not being done well and then draw a symbol or remember the post from the blog or the name of my guru it brings me back .
I also often feel that some one is observing me .who is that I don’t know ? I feel some times it is me observing my self

Kshitija said...

I got some of the answers for the questions that I had in the previous comment from the following post

https://kantipadam.blogspot.com/2020/09/me-my-guru-on-buddha-and-sweets.html


One of the quote that is given in the post states very clearly
a) If you are depressed your living in the past .
b) If your anxious your living in the future .
c) If you are at peace you are living in the present .

So it’s like during the day when I am not doing Sadhna regularly
a) I depressed due to an unknown issue of past that is troubling me
Or
b) I am anxious about the future I.E what is going to happen in the future
Or
c) Anxious with fear of future