Thursday, October 15, 2015

Coin in the mud





Me, My Guru


Coin in the mud


I was highly excited since two days. Last 10 days I’ve been, like our group was working on couple of her statements and I came out with lots of examples, insights, understanding. Hence, I was excited to share with ‘Her’ and all others today at our meet. I knew they too would pour out their experiences and today would be a blast. Just this thought gave me a high that I couldn’t describe. I was literally giggling as I open the gate of ‘our place’. When her place became ‘our place’ we didn’t remember but we often referred to as ‘our place’ of late!

 

She was sitting under peepul tree and others on the ground. Ofcourse, they had spread few carpets on the grass. I joined all others. She was on phone and we snatched those moments to exchange pleasantries.

 

The moment she was off the phone, we started off with our experiences and understanding, she listened attentively. Not a word escaped her lips which were smiling all through. When we completed our talk and explanations, Priay asked “So, what do you think of our insights?”


“An old man” she started “would go for walk daily. He enjoyed his walks. He would look at flowers, smile at kids, waved at his acquaintances. He always felt refreshed after such walks. One day he hurt his leg with a stone on the pat. His wife shouted at him and said “That’s why I ask you to look down while walking”. That day he felt she had a point and started looking down while walking and lo he found Rs.5/- coin in the mud. He was highly excited and happy. 

 

Now, he became more conscious of walking with head bent. He felt bad for all the coins that he had missed all these years. He felt jealous of people who got it. He looked around and he felt that he was surrounded by thieves.  “How could someone take others’ money lying in the mud just like that” he thought. Honesty was a dead thing in people. The ice-cream that Mr. Khanna purchased daily could’ve been with such Rs.5- coins that he got daily. What a cheat! He felt bad the he was friends with such people with all these years.

 

...contd.....

No comments: