Sunday, October 11, 2015

everything changes - meditation





…contd….


 


Rahul suggested that we all sit in meditation through out night in rotation.  I, Rahul, Vidya and Swathi chose to sit in meditation at the start and others went to sleep. Couple of hours later when I opened my eyes, I found Aziz, Murali and Priya already in meditation. I went to lie down for some time. When I got up couple of hours later, I found others in deep meditation. It was five when we heard the door open and our Guruji come in with Rahul. Vidya had already got up to prepare tea for everyone and it was being served for all.  I could even smell the breakfast being cooked. Swathi had joined Vidya in the preparations. These people were ever active and at the forefront in doing everything. So many years had passed, yet I was the last to act in this area. Maybe, my understanding was slow when compared to them because of this very attitude difference I wondered often. And yet, I didn’t do anything to heal it or address it.


 


Sipping tea, she sat down and smiling said “Good. The way you meditated since yesterday, if you can regularly then your spiritual journey would be wonderful. Why don’t you all do it more often now that you’ve tasted this experience?”


 


Our yesterday’s experience had certainly shaken us all – yes positively. And all we needed was just this suggestion from her. Many of us had already decided to do what she had asked us to. It was all about putting it to practice. And I knew with Vidya, Swathi, Rahul at it, they would certainly plan out the action plan and work it out too.


 


But for now, I wanted to bask in this experience which was one of it’s kind.


 


These experiences made me wonder why we lead life that we lead. We were talking, cleaning, watering plants but were also experiencing that we were witness watching through this bodily functions. This feeling would be difficult to carry out in the outside world. We all knew that. Yet, having tasted this, we planned on coming back to this “centre of Being” with various reminders. When we asked ‘Her’ to suggest a way she simply smiled and said “Come here, meditate in group regularly”. She was right. She knew singularly we were not capable of creating this atmosphere and hence would find it difficult to meditate with such intensity and for such long hours.


 


We planned for the same and left her place today but the whole act we just witnessed this time…….


 

No comments: