Tuesday, April 11, 2023

Reflections – On change and growth

 


Reflections – On change and growth




The other day, one Reiki Channel from abroad called me. The weather there was around below 0 dg temperature. RC told me it would even go to -20 dg C. It was a bit confusing for me. How can an Indian who is used to 40dg temp cope with such low temperatures? But, when that RC explained it became clear to me. RC said “The first couple of weeks, of course, it was difficult – but with the right clothing it didn’t affect so much. Moreover, I was excited about the change, etc. In my second year, I was able to go about in normal clothing like the locals here even in 2 dg C. I am used to this cold now. It’s the ‘heat’ I am not able to bear. I realized that when I had to go to another part of this country which was way hotter than the place I live in, I realized how I am finding heat unbearable now!”

That was quite a revelation.

I found the same explanation from people who have come from North to South of India and vice-versa – always! So, our body does have capacity way beyond our ‘assumption’. It’s the mind that fears the facts, but the body, well it adapts to the new conditions pretty effortlessly. Those who let go of the processing, enjoy the change, it is not all that bad. They don’t suffer though everyone has to endure the effects of every change. 


But the person who sticks to his preferences, choices, and tastes suffers a lot. His pain is way higher than it needs to be! He also suffers from the changing way longer than others. His complaints are more. His ‘good moments’ are less. And who is responsible for all this?

This not only applies to weather or climate but also to relationship status, physical comforts and needs, aging, change of job and its’ profile etc etc….take a moment and see which change frightens you the most. See which change affects you more? In the past, what were the incidents that affected you which involved a change of any kind?

Contd.....

# on change, change and growth, every change has some good in it, on impermanence, change is for real, on life, 

read suggested:https://kantipadam.blogspot.com/2021/07/fact-about-world.html

Points to ponder:



  • Change is inevitable. It has to happen whether you like it or not. So instead of focusing on what can't be changed, think about what can be done with this change in life.
  • Change is inevitable, but growth is optional!

Questions to work on:
  • What is the change that is painful to me and why?
  • Is there something called as 'unchanging' in life?



No comments: