Wednesday, April 19, 2023

Me, My guru – on looking within!

 


Me, My guru – on looking within! 



“But Guruji, how can we forgive someone who has cheated us and failed us so many times? Don’t give me some story to support “forgiveness” this time, please. I feel if we let them get away then they will assume they are right and become more arrogant. I think they will keep doing wrong more than ever. What is punishment for?” I was more than frustrated today and asked my Guru these questions. They have been pending since forever. They were with many for long. But, every time she would give some story and tell, “Forgive”. But, not today!

 “My job is not to find faults. My job is not to judge anyone. My job is not to taunt others and make them feel bad about their weaknesses, flaws and faults. I am not here to change people. My job is not to keep count of others’ wrongs. All that is “HIS” job and his purview.

My job is only to love, heal, care, show compassion, understanding, cheer when someone is making an effort to overcome some weakness. And with that ends my job. Not, tell me, where is there scope for anger, hatred, curse in my job?” said my Guru with a smile.

I was floored. It wasn’t easy being her!

It wasn’t easy being selfless and compassionate! But, she made it seem so effortless that it felt like even we could embrace those qualities. And that thought was enough for us to keep working on ourselves. 

Maybe, that was the reason we kept coming back to her. Maybe, that was the reason we still were with her after all these years. It wasn’t for her. It was because coming here we still kept hope for our change to grow strong. I smiled. I nodded my head and thanked my God. For once there was sincerity in my “thank you”.

Today, I understood where and what to focus on! Today I understood where I had been going wrong. My suffering was not because of what was happening in my life. It was because of where my focus was. But now, I knew all I had to do was to focus on the wrong of self over others!

It is simple and yet so difficult! With her, it was the simple ones that were so very difficult – always!


*****     

# forgiveness, let go, karma, working on our growth, being non-judgmental, healing, justice,

read suggested:https://kantipadam.blogspot.com/2017/05/ask-and-it-shall-be-given-me-my-guru_20.html   

Questions addressed and points to understand:

  • When is it difficult to forgive?
  • How to see a situation so that the need to forgive doesn't arise?
  • Change of perception that can free us from hatred for others who have hurt us, cheated us, abused us and had been very selfish in our life...
  • We are not "judges". We are not here to run the world. We are not given power to hurt others or sentence others for their acts. We are as guilty as others in action and deed and word...
  • When we look at others' wrongs we want and talk about justice. We wish them to be sentenced for their wrongs.
  • But when our wrongs are counted we seek forgiveness and mercy. We plead Gurus, others and God to not curse us for our wrongs. We preach the importance of forgiveness to others.
  • If we want to be forgiven for our sins we should also forgive the sins of others. 
  • Every wrong is addressed by karma. Let's not take it upon ourselves to hurt others in the name of justice.


1 comment:

Mona said...

Thank you Ma'am. I was feeling guilty and dint know how to ask your for forgiveness. I think I should start by forgiving others first. Will do forgiveness meditation today.
- Mona