Monday, April 10, 2023

Me, My Guru - On things that matter!

 


Me, My Guru - On things that matter!




“Guruji, I wish my situation in life to change for the better. I want peace” cried one among us.

And her reply was “People often make two mistakes in their search for inner peace…focusing on things that they can’t change and ignoring things they can”.

If the listener was ‘good enough’ this much was enough. If he is the one who doesn’t know to listen, then even years of shouting in his ears would serve no purpose – maybe it would even be turned to his (wrongful!!) advantage!

***           

 # things that matter, attitude, focusing on the right, on listening, Me, My Guru series, 

read suggested: https://kantipadam.blogspot.com/2017/09/gist-of-teachings_4.html 

Time to ponder:

So, what is your focus going to be for the next three days? 

Sadhan time:

Just be aware of what and where your focus is during the day.....no need to do anything about it if you don't want to....just be aware...let's do this sadhan for next three days and come back with experiences.....


1 comment:

Swati said...

Hi,
Focus
When I was with my younger son I could feel the Love, joy and internal happiness of being with him.
When I was with kids i decided no matter what i will just love them and those types of emotions I could feel.

When I thought about the X person I was very irritated my focus was on all the issues with him. All negative emotions I could feel. Was helpless. Seeing him made me more angry. When I was sitting idle my attention or focus went on him and n things not happening in my life.