Wednesday, December 15, 2021

On reflections – on dog

 

On reflections – on dog




Today, I was on terrace watching the passer-byes on the road. And there – I saw the one I seemed to have come up the terrace for – the most adorable light brown pommerian dog – oh! What a beauty! I was lost in admiring its beauty for quite some time.

By the time I became conscious of myself, I found myself grinning from side to side like a teenager. My eyes tracked its movement. They followed it till it went out of my sight. And even after some time to come, I was grinning – yes grinning!!

Now I had become blind to sunset and the hues of sky.  Having received what I had come to receive, I climbed down the stairs – grinning. Now, what did you understand from all this?

I am not a dog-love – if that was your inference. Date and fact shared also can end up being interpreted to the convenience of the listener. That is the first lesson! See how your logic can give wrong assumptions even with ‘real facts’ and ‘true data’.

Now what to think of our assumptions which don’t even have support of real data and fact. And that is the ‘assumption’ we base all our logic, arguments, emotions on.

Think about it!!



Next, the tastes and likes and dislikes should reflect our preferences. They should not bind us from experience joy, love, peace, happiness, contentment or satisfaction. Our taste when stops us from seeing beauty and appreciating it, then our taste becomes our master. We become slaves to our senses. Be aware of it! be vigilant enough to not let this happen – or at least be aware when it happens.

Contd....


# emptiness, beingness, preferences, being detached, likes and dislikes, raag dwesha, freedom, choices, happiness, bondage, expectations, conditions, attachments, 

also read suggested : https://kantipadam.blogspot.com/search?q=me%2C+my+guru+-+on+attachments%2C+faith+and+commitments 

I know the link given is a long post....take time to read it - please in the order of date please....sorry i couldn't do that for you...

the above link has more questions answered than asked...so read it....

those who are searching for answer this time will get it....those who have an answer already in their mind and are searching in my words will again go back with empty hand and expectations.....

Those who read the link will find that you had missed so many points that it had offered the first time you had read it....don't miss it this time too....

every reading will peel one more layer of the 'onion of understanding' - be with it and before long you would have peeled many layers of misunderstanding and the light of knowledge and understanding would be shining forth for you, through you and in you....

let's make that happen.....




No comments: