Thursday, December 16, 2021

On reflections – on dog


Contd....

 

On reflections – on dog




I personally am not a dog person, but when I looked at that beauty my taste and preference didn’t decide my feelings and hence I could ‘see’ the beauty of the creature. When we ‘see’ without any attachments like ‘what I like/don’t like’, ‘what I want’ don’t want’ and so on and so forth, we become ‘available’ to what life has to offer us! There we ‘see’ beauty. Then we can actually ‘appreciate’ the beauty of what it deserves – not because it is what or how we want it to be!

Where do I apply this lesson?

Everywhere and with everyone!

Yes – and more so with the person who irritates us or one whom we dislike or hate. The day we are able to see ‘beauty’ and ‘goodness’ in the person who’s hurting us or whom we hate, know you are on the ‘right path’ for sure! You are following ‘Dharma’. Dharma doesn’t say ‘you can’t have dislikes’ but it asks ‘can you see beyond your person feelings and look at person for what he is in ‘toto’. We generally only concentrate on areas of the person with which we are affected. And then we go on and on and on about that. Before long, we ‘believe’ that that is all – about that person. The way he is meeting/not meeting your expectations may be at fault – agreed! The way he talks to you and talks about you also may be bad, wrong and hurtful – agreed again! Agreed he is ‘bad to you’ – but – a big ‘BUT’- that says ‘he is not a bad person just because he is bad to you’. The day you are able to know this difference know yourself to be walking towards ‘miracles’ of your life.

Next, I came on the terrace to walk and to watch sunset. And it was ‘by fluke’ that I noticed that dog – and the experience was magical.

Magical moments happen mostly ‘in such spontaneous moments’.

When we are not on look out, we actually receive more!

Contd....


# emptiness, beingness, preferences, being detached, likes and dislikes, raag dwesha, freedom, choices, happiness, bondage, expectations, conditions, attachments, 

also read suggested : https://kantipadam.blogspot.com/2018/03/me-my-guru-on-being-hurt-and-hurting.html 

and

https://kantipadam.blogspot.com/2018/03/me-my-guru-on-being-hurt-and-hurting_30.html 

Read the link given to find answers to questions :

  • How and where can I find my peace and happiness?
  • How to create 'good vibes' in my place?
  • How and why to forgive others?
  • What is one practice that sets us free of our suffering in relationships?




No comments: