Friday, April 27, 2018

Me, my Guru – on why God doesn’t come to my rescue




Me, my Guru – on why God doesn’t come to my rescue


Today, we flooded with oft repeated questions like “If God exists why doesn’t He save the world or come to its’ rescue?”

“How do I know He exists when I don’t receive any support from Him when I pray to Him?”

“My situation is same as ever. How do I know my prayer is answered by Him? Why doesn’t He do anything to save me from my ‘situation’ and set it right with just a flick of want?”


Each one gave his or her situation to support their anger, question and doubt. Our allegations seemed justified and she let us be. She waited till of us had poured out anger out and then when we had emptied ourselves and calmed a bit she started “In a certain village lived a Krishna Bhaktha who worked as a priest. He sang bhajans of Krishna all day long and strongly proclaimed to one and all that Krishna was his Lord and Saviour.




It so happened once that the village was in floods. It was announced over Radio that the village would be flooded within 24 hrs and all to evacuate immediately. Many people left the village and even asked Priest to accompany them but he denied saying “no need! My Krishna will come to save me”. Within few hours the water started rushing into the village and the army men came in boats to save the villagers who were still in the village. Many left and even this time Priest denied taking their help saying that he was waiting for Krishna to come and rescue him. By next day all the houses were flooded and the few people along with our dear Priest climbed the roof top to save themselves. Helicopters came to save them. All left except our believer Priest who waited for Krishna. Next day he died. In heaven he met Krishna and immediately started shouting at him “how can you kill me when I trusted you so much?”

Contd.....

suggested reads : https://kantipadam.blogspot.in/search?q=God

No comments: