Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Guru


...contd...

Am I not a student the moment I am seeking a Guru?

No.  Whenever we 'seek' Guru, we've an attitude that I am accepting someone as a Guru.  Isn't it?  Now, answer a simple question.  Who is at the higher pedestal vis-a-vis Guru-Shishya?
Guru or shishya?
Guru. Right? If it is so, how can shishya who is by default at a lower pedestal accept Guru at a higher pedastal.  He can never.  (This may apply for pseudo-master but Not the Actual Guru!).  It's always Guru who accepts his shishya.  The discretionary power rests entirely on him and him alone. 

He, only out of love and grace can accept his disciple!

If, as a shishya I can't select my Guru then what is this 'student quality' that I should have? And Why?

True! It's Guru who selects but for him to select I should be having the 'essential' - I repeat ESSENTIAL qualities of egolessness, purity of intent, Trust, surrenderance and humbel enough to learn and above all accept that "I don't know" and be open to learning!.

How can these qualities protect against 'false gurus?'

Learning is of two types 1.How to be and 2. How not to be.

All the above varieties of so-called Gurus will show you how not to be.  Then you can learn and benefit from every person in your life.  Every person becomes your Guru.  Few things that we can learn from the 'wrong ones' can give us insight and understanding of 'learning technique'.

The first type is deceptive ones.  Agreed they are parroting, but we can follow their statements and apply them and benefit from them.  They may ask to get up at 'Brahma Muhurtam'  i.e., from 3 am - 5 am and do reiki, yoga, meditation when they themselves maynot follow.  That shouldn't trouble us.  we can get up and practice reiki at that time.  Your growth is for sure!

They only talk about forgiveness and yet not follow it!  Cool.  You apply it and become free from hatred.

...contd....

1 comment:

Aparna Deshpande said...

Aaj 3 se 5 baje tak mera healing chal raha tha or sadhna bhi fir class ke liye polaw bagara began banaya or 9:30 class me pahunch gaye our dekha to class hi nahi tha mujhe malum nahi tha it's ok me ghar akr sab ko bulaya or 1or celebration
๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰ puran poli banaya or ham sab ne enjoy Kiya thank you so much ma'am for new me i am enjoying doing everything
๐Ÿ™‹๐Ÿป‍♀️๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ™☺️๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’