Friday, January 19, 2018

Me, My Guru – on relationships.....



Me, My Guru – on relationships.....


“Guruji, I want to be happy and joyous again! There is nothing good in my life! I have lost touch with life after my marriage...this marriage has completely ruined me...if only I didn’t have these in-laws and my spouse! Oh! Why did you not stop me from marrying?” cried chakori...


“It was the coldest winter ever. Many animals died because of the cold. The porcupines, realizing the situation, decided to group together to keep warm. This way they covered and protected themselves; but the quills of each one wounded their closest companions.  After a while, they decided to distance themselves one from the other and they began to die, alone and frozen. So they had to make a choice: either accept the quills of their companions or disappear from the Earth.  Wisely, they decided to go back to being together. They
learned to live with the little wounds caused by the close relationship with their companions in order to receive the heat that came from the others. This way they were able to survive. The best relationship is not the one that brings together perfect people,
which by the way is just an utopian possibility for there being no perfect person, but when each individual learns to live with the imperfections of others and can admire the other person's good qualities.  



As long as we look at others’ imperfections, we can’t see their good qualities. As long as we look at others’ imperfections, we don’t realize we too are not perfect ourselves. We always have reason for being ‘less than perfect’ but they are ‘bad’ for being imperfect. Just think about this rule of ours...maybe we would look at the whole scenario differently. How many people do you have in your life with whom you have been happy always? You
have your problems with all the people in your life and yet think you would be happy with someone always? Just meditate on the question “why am I suffering in all of these relationships?” and if you are brave enough to listen to your heart, you’ll get to know where the problem is and then as a healer it is very easy job to sit and heal that. And if you don’t want to ask this question, then simply sit and heal regularly till you get the desired effects – be it weeks, months or years...yes even if it be years before you see results. Do you have that commitment towards your desire to be happy? Or do you wish to put the blame on others and run away from this situation only to land in next where only the name would change but the pain in life would still be same?” saying this our Guru left.


I don’t know if chakori got her answer or not. I don’t know if she would work on it or not. I didn’t even bother to check if she understood that there is a way to deal with her situation and bring it around if she so wanted it...but I knew I got my answer for my long awaited question. I knew where things were going wrong and why. I knew that part of me which needed healing ASAP. And without finding excuses to justify my ‘goodness’ and the other person’s ‘bad nature and qualities’ I set out on healing self and our relationship.........


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Greetings Mam,

I remember you had posted a question last month on blog and wanted us to answer and that was related to relationships only. I wanted to answer since long but was not getting time:(

However now that this post is very apt I guess I should take the chance today without any more delay :

I just wanted to say 2-3 lines to all those who don't want to heal their relationships and blame other one or say why should only I heal etc.. :




Even after attending Revathi Mam's classes , after so much of healing , reading multiple posts related to same topics again & again (Our Dearest Guruji, takes all pains to post it in so many different ways, using so many stories) , If we still feel irritated, angered or done with a relationship then just pause for a minute and think how will a person react who never got any of this nectar?




This time leave alone my experience or mam's explanation or any others for that matter... Just pause for a minute and question yourself on above and sit and contemplate..

You will know more about yourself and the other person..

Worst Case: If you have less time to heal , give the other person some space, instead of replying in an insulting manner or getting into a fight , just keep quite for that moment and talk/discuss after an hour or so stating what went wrong between you both and how you can mutually resolve or handle situation in a better manner going forward)

(Although its better you heal it , YOU SHOULD TAKE SOME TIME, IF REQUIRED SLEEP 30 MINS LESS , DONT GIVE YOUR SELF LESS/NO TIME EXCUSE )


Each one's experiences will be "a bit" different so instead of listening to other experiences just DIY (Do it yourself this time :) )


Thank You!

Aparna Deshpande said...

Yes 👍🙋🙏 thank you

Mona said...

Thank you Ma'am.
- Mona