Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Me, My Guru – On anger of Lord Shiva!



Contd....


Me, My Guru – On anger of Lord Shiva!


We were floored. We didn’t know what hit us and our senses and from where! Just then we heard a voice “so madam, when..”

“No!” she shouted strongly. She didn’t even let that person complete his statement or question whatever that was! “If you kill or hit someone it doesn’t and can’t come under this category. And bye the way, why are you asking about Lord Shiva’s anger? So that you can use that argument or answer to your emotion and act of anger towards a person whom you’ve assigned the role an asura in your head? Right? So, you have risen to a level of Shiva? Then, why do you need to know an answer from me or anyone for that matter? Since you are as good as Shiva, don’t you know everything yourself? How can you compare your anger to His? How smart do you think you are in trying to use His acts to justify yours? This is what I call as ‘crooked logic of Ravana!’. Using it he justified his acts and thought he was right. But was he? You can fool yourself to this belief but then that’s what you would end up being – a fool!”

Luckily for us, she left to receive a call! Phew! We felt relieved! 

Yes, why did we want to know about God’s anger in the first place? 

She said it right! We never had a single ‘right’ quality of a Guru, super humans like Rama, Jesus or Vivekananda but we used their life incidents to question their character and were ever ready with “but he shouldn’t do that. He is wrong no madam?” Who are we to judge these great people or Gurus? Leave alone them we didn’t leave the creator too. We were ‘good enough’ to judge the ‘Creator’ too! Wow! What arrogance! And we are good people and good devotees?! Such hypocrisy....

We had in a way become experts in finding faults so much that even Gurus and Gods came under our radar! Good for them and they are to still grace us by by fulfilling all our desires? If they didn’t we question their greatness and ask “But how can they get angry? They are not supposed to, isn’t it?” We decide everything that they are supposed to do and not do...

Why was I using their examples to hit, vent out my emotions and act as per my desire? Is it because deep down I know I am wrong and yet was so over powered by my emotions that I longed to flow with it and yet wanted an alibi that showed me in ‘good colour’? Is this smart move of mine actually a reflection of the flaw in my character which again is the basis of my fate? And I later asked ‘Why is my fate not good?’

The answers would surely not make me wee-bit good. So instead of searching for these answers I chose the easier way out. I chose ‘sadhan’! I chose sadhan to work on my weakness and then some time in future when I would be way ahead of my flaws, I would visit this ‘self analysis’ chamber more confidently. But for now, my action plan was ready!..


Concluded.....

No comments: