Friday, June 30, 2017

On living in the moment – Me, My guru



On living in the moment – Me, My guru


She (our Guru) said “Be aware while taking bath daily” as if it was as easy as eating a toffee. I fought with that idea for over a year before realizing the impossibility of that ‘simple task’. So instead I decided to break it into smaller units – units which were manageable and I hit upon a plan. Instead of wanting to be Aware all through my bath, I simply decided to be Aware on ‘my last mug of water’ that I poured on self. Here, ever if I forgot or didn’t get it right, I could collect myself to be Aware for that ‘last mug of water’ by repeating that ‘last mug act’. Before long I succeeded in being Aware 80% of the time – I mean only the ‘last mug part’. Then I shifted to next level. Now I decided and started practicing to be Aware even during my First mug of water which I poured on my body. This way the exercise became simpler and before long I was Aware during my entire bath” said Rahul.



Here was the guy who was thinking way of putting into effect our Guru’s every word and here was the same I who only wrote down her words, dissected them, analysed and argued on them, praised or found fault in them – in short I did everything else except put ‘her teachings’ into practice.




No doubt there was this stark difference between me and Rahul and I envied him, complained and was hurt that ‘she’ was more partial towards him etc. I myself was responsible for all this gap and yet....and the sad part was I felt that even this was ‘her’ duty – to pull me out of this way of thinking and was so angry at her for not doing so and letting me be where I was! Kudos to my way of thinking and living!

No comments: