Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Me, my Guru On assigning values ...



Contd......


Me, my Guru



On assigning values ...

Eashwari’s explanation continued “We can apply as well to our Guru and how we value her. Depending upon our level of commonsense, gratitude and spiritual growth, we assigned her value depending on who we were. ‘Only a Buddha can know the other to be a Buddha. How can a buddhu (fool) recognise a Buddha?’ Our Guru says it so often. It is so true here. It took a precious stone seller to know the pricelessness of that ‘precious stone’.

We nodded our heads in acceptance of that fact. Yes, her value was not what we assigned, it was what it was. The value we based on others reflected who we were and where we were stationed in life, it didnot reflect who the other person was!

Similarly, her teachings and explanations too did not mean just what one understood. It meant much more and we understood that later when we grew in stature – always! And may be that’s why she took pains to explain the same thing again and again because she knew (though we never knew) where we were and what our level of understanding was. The same explanation meant different things to each one of us! And she knew it! It didn’t bother her even! And she had hopes in us and belief that with a ‘repeat’
explanation we would (if we wanted to) move one more step further down the line in growth because of where we were now (when compared to where we were when we heard the explanation for the same the previous time!).  And yes, she was right! We always seemed to understand it a little better than previous time. God! It really was a hideous task and God, am I glad that I am not a Guru? It takes something more to be one! 



 “I could’ve understood it 20years back but I chose not to! Today when I am flooded with this calm that envelopes me, I know I could’ve have enjoyed it for the last 20 years too but I didn’t. The
loss is entirely mine. And what a loss I not only missed out on living this state but I endured a pain that I need not have endured. I can fall back on good old excuse of “Oh! But then I was destined to experience it just now!”, but I know as so do you all that it is just a lame excuse we use to fool ourselves from not feeling guilty of our choices. No, no, I am not going on ‘guilt trip’. I’ve attended enough of our Guru’s classes and councelling sessions to understand the redundancy of doing that. It’s just an observation I am making from my experience so that you atleast wake up to the opportunity called time and start living life ‘joyfully’.

You all know, we can’t fall back on ‘if only our Guru had told us before’ one too! If it was destined that I am to understand it now then why did I become a reiki channel 20years back. God sent so many wake up calls by way of various calls and classes and yet I chose to ignore them. Don’t use your intelligence to use her ‘Right words and excuses’ in wrong places to get away from your acts”.

Her words ended and yet they were ringing in our ears. We didn’t know if we were to celebrate for coming face to face with such facts and truths or feel the pain of having to apply it in life.

Only time would tell if we actually were smart enough to learn what we learnt today! But for today, I would say it was a good day.........


Concluded...........

related posts : http://kantipadam.blogspot.in/search?q=buddha+


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

After researching a couple of posts in your web site now, and I actually love your
way of blogging. I bookmarked it to my bookmark website
list and shall be checking back shortly. Please take
a look at my web page too and tell me your opinion.

Anonymous said...

This could be useful if you are following a particular training program that requires running
at completely different speeds on different days.