Saturday, June 17, 2017

Dignity of labour - Ramayana - Me, My Guru



Contd....

Dignity of labour - Ramayana - Me, My Guru


They were totally confused. How can they take such an insignificant task so seriously? And where in that is there job satisfaction or opportunity for growth or a possibility of expressing one’s abilities? How come he is happy without any of these present? And to this Hanuman replied “Entire day as I need to notice when he yawns I need to look at Rama’s face without any distraction. What more can a bhaktha like me ask for? I get to keep seeing ‘the most beautiful face’ in Universe all day long. I am blessed and thanks for giving such an important task for me to carry out’.

Sita, Lakshmana and others were flabbergasted.

It’s not the work that maketh the man; it’s the man that maketh the job. Every job is equally important in the world. That’s why it is important for one and all to understand the ‘dignity of Labout’.

Having said this, our Guru went into meditation. Sometimes my mind worked in crazy ways. Now it said “She’s closed her eyes as she is afraid to face volley of questions that would follow this story”. I knew this to be far from truth but the voice in my brain kept pounding such irrelevant suggestions. It was at such times, I doubted my sanity. I even doubted if I was thinking with my brain or not?

But Rahul and few like him had their own explanation to explain her weird acts. They sounded terrific but I wished not to believe them and go with my brains rattling.

She opened her eyes and no sooner had she done that, the volley of questions were thrown at her.

“But my boss is no Rama. Infact he is more of Ravana so how can I be happy just working for him with no extra benefits”.

“Neither is it any good looking at my mean minded mil’s face” blurted Priya.

Everyone laughed. These characters universally seemed to assume these characteristics and adjectives. The surprising fact was everyone seemed to associate with such similies.


Contd......

No comments: