Thursday, June 15, 2017

Dignity of labour – Ramayana Me, My Guru



Dignity of labour – Ramayana
Me, My Guru


We had completed our class early today and we used that time to pose some personal questions.


“Guruji, my m-i-l doesn’t allow me to go out and work and I feel listless, directionless, purposeless and hence angry, frustrated and depressed all through the day. Is she not wrong? What does she lose if I go out to work?”

“My issue is bit different. My career has been more or less stagnant both by way of promotion and monetary benefit. I hate it more when people with little or lesser qualifications get either or both of them. What do I do to my boss? Sometimes I entertain crazy and evil ideas in my brain for him. I wish I even had guts to put them to practice”.

Each came out with their issue saying it was different but those of us who were listening found it too repetitive. Were these people not listening to her in ‘all’ classes or do we all listen to solutions only when we face a problem? Othertimes we are either not attentive or find it redundant for us to look, know and learn these solutions as we are not ‘there’ yet! What ever be the reason, one thing was certain, most of us were selectively deaf!

The loss was entirely ours as we lost previous limited time with her in posing same questions again and again. And the fun part is though it had been addressed since ever, we grew restless when she didn’t reply immediately.

We haven’t lost the habit of our school days when we used to learn our subjects for exams and just before exams and conveniently forgot them immediately after exams. If there was no exam, no need to learn anything! We still followed that kiddish behaviour with us! If we learnt it the first time we heard it then we wouldn’t suffer ‘the situation’ when it propped. We wouldn’t even go on some painful emotional trip! But all this was good on paper. Our practice remains what it always was.....


Contd......

No comments: