Saturday, June 10, 2017

Me, my Guru On assigning values ...



Me, my Guru



On assigning values ...

Contd......



This was the question we posed for ourselves and we came out with these thoughts, beliefs and expectations. When in actuality ‘Guru’ was not one who was squeezed into ‘this image’. Only an honest introspection gave out these confessions! I wonder how many of us can actually dare to go within and find answers for this question this sincerely?

Today our Guru left us abruptly – where no one knew and we were left to be with ourselves. It was then that Eshwari started talking “Many years back, the ambience and the questions were just the same. That makes me wonder if ‘history just repeats’ and if it does then there is nothing more boringly dangerous than that! Even that day like today we were in a class and each came out with their pains

“I am having too challenging job, it’s very tough....”

“My life is a waste as I am not able to do anything worth a dime because of restrictions in my family.....”

“Actually the problem is, there is so much to be done in office, I like the pay packet, its’ the job requirement that is my problem....”

“I am not getting a raise....”

“My wife, I never like her and the pain of living with her is increasing day by day.....”

Eshwari laughed may be remembering those days. I was amazed to notice the complaints that were just now vomited by all of us. No change!

She continued “Our Guruji just listened to all of us and then nodded her head. She didn’t talk about them. She simply started telling a story  -



“Once  a student  to his master and asked, "What's the value of life?"

The Master  gave him one stone and said, "Find out the value of this stone, but don't sell it."

The student took the stone to an Orange Seller and asked him what its cost would be.

The Orange Seller saw the shiny stone and said, "You can take 12 oranges and give me the stone."

The student apologized and said that the grandpa has asked him not to sell it.

He went ahead and found a vegetable seller.

"What could be the value of this stone?" he asked the vegetable seller.

The seller saw the shiny stone and said, "Take one sack of potatoes and give me the stone."

The student again apologized and said he can't sell it.

Contd......

No comments: