Monday, June 12, 2017

Me, my Guru On assigning values ...



Contd......

Me, my Guru



On assigning values ...

At first we were blank and then when we repeated that question, then we realized that our answer lay in that story. It was then that we all started telling our version of understanding.

“I read this story in whatsapp”Vijaya said.

“And yet you asked your question and your life is where it is?” Eshwari asked.

Vijaya bent her head. She seemed to envy our Guru at some level and so said such statements thinking of insulting her or demeaning ‘her’ explanation. But, Eshwari put her to place with that question today.

When we were done exchanging our views, Eshwari capsule all our insights into a single para thus “How this story applies to life situations - Just like in the story, each of us values the situations of our lives depending on who we are!  One sees opportunity where the other sees ‘a problem’ or ‘end of road’! The value one assigns to the situation depends upon oneself!

When applied to relationships it read something like this – the most selfish would be irresponsible pushing the work on to others – usually these are the people who talk more about ‘duties’ and ‘responsiblities’ and find fault with others when they themselves are nothing but personifications of laziness and bundle of insecurities.

The little better than them are those that bear the brunt of being the ‘scape goat’ for duties and suffer all through their lives – thanks to first type of people in their lives.

The more sensible are those that find a middle path of fulfilling a responsibility. They see to find a way where no one suffers. They don’t crucify people in the name of ‘duty’ and ‘responsiblity’.

“True, true. My husband always demands me to do all the dirty work of ‘taking care’ inspite of my health issues. He is least bothered about me. Infact many times I feel he enjoys to see me suffer and hence takes decisions in which I suffer. For him only ‘his good name’ matters. He can sacrifice me blindly for that! He doesn’t even bother to ‘ask me’ if I would do some work or not. He simply takes decisions in consultation with his ‘so called responsible siblings’ and thrusts them on me. If he had even considered me as a human leave alone as wife, he would try to solve issues and find solutions differently. But no, that’s not him! And the best part of the whole thing is he doesn’t even accept that he is hurting or hurt. He never said ‘sorry’ – not once.” said Priya almost in tears.

Ramesh wasn’t behind and continued “even my boss is like that. He loves to hurt me”. Like-wise, everyone started talking about people who were vicious enough in their lives to hurt them in every way!


Contd......

No comments: