Monday, October 31, 2016

Me, My Guru - On giver and receiver





Me, My Guru

On giving and receiving – Giver and receiver

Today, I didn’t have any class and yet when I called her and she said there was ongoing class I sought her permission to come around 4 pm and she okayed that request. Today, due to some internal reason, we were asked to leave by 3pm and I felt it better to attend any session at our Guru’s place than go home and sit in front of TV watching some ‘boring programme’.

I was elated when everything seemed to fall in place and left for our Guru’s place. Few students were seated under the tree as I entered the premises. I joined them after washing my feet. 

She was explaining something as I sat down to listen. 

“The school accepts the student with the hope that their training and syllabi will make a ‘man’ of that boy! They don’t filter the boy seeing his nature to be mean, selfish or dull witted. Because, school believes every child should be given education and that that education would transform their character too as they graduate out of their school. But this hope is not always fulfilled. Yet school takes in ‘new students’ too with the same hope!

Osmania Medical College teaches same syllabi to all its’ students and also gives same ethics to its’ students. Yet some ‘great innovative souls’ choose to use ‘that noble profession to ‘steal kidneys’, run organ rackets, follow unethical medical practises, perform wrong surgical procedures and what not! Is Osmania University at fault? Are the ‘professors’ there at fault? No. Isn’t it?”

Everyone agreed that it was not the fault of Osmania University or its’ lecturers/professors.

“Degree doesn’t give a person his character. He USES his degree to bring out his CHARACTER!

Similarly, I can teach what is right and yet if some ‘good souls’ choose to bend ways of healing in my name, then I am not at fault! Isn’t it?

I know what I’ve given I don’t know what you’ve received and made out of it”.


There certainly ‘seemed’ anguish and pain in her voice. But people would hardly notice that – for they would be busy judging either her or others at whom it was directed. I knew this for sure for I was at that ‘space’ not long ago!

...contd....

1 comment:

Kshitija said...

Thank you very much for saving us Revathi mam