Monday, October 3, 2016

On birthdays and purpose of life!



It's surprising to see people celebrate their birthdays as if they have achieved or met some mile stone!

Well, when I think back, I feel I have lost one more year and am close to end of journey of this body by one more year...not being pessimistic but realistic....then I wonder what do we celebrate it for?

Agreed, it can mean to celebrate that we lived one more year full of life, expectations, happiness, joy and achievements....yes i do agree that is one way of seeing it....but somehow, i can't see it that way....not that others are wrong...just that my perception is so...

do i sit and cry or feel dejected for the reason that i attribute this day for...NO - a big no. I sit and contemplate on the journey that i have made and the promises that i have kept (made to myself especially!) and ones that i couldn't keep....i recollect all the thoughts and actions and go through them bit by bit to see which actually were important and which ones were redundant....did i put right value on them or was i carried away by my senses and emotions....do i need to make any change in the way i conduct myself, think, act, feel and perceive...? if so, what do i do for that?

did i put enough of 'sadhan' to say 'time wasn't all that wasted' last year...?
and when i say 'sadhan'  doing reiki for 'getting bus', fulfilling an intention/desire doesn't count for me....i should have done some japam/homam/hands-on, some reiki without any intention....

its a day to remind me the purpose of life and the way i am going around fulfilling it or abandoning it - as the case may be! 

the entire year is spent for 'sweet nothings' and i just allocate one year - the day i took this body -birthday to recollect why i took this body in the first place ?

no, nothing serious............just .............

'the best moments of my life are well worth spent in contemplation!'

 

No comments: