Thursday, October 27, 2016

Me, My Guru Bhagavatam – surrender



Me, My Guru

Bhagavatam – surrender


Rahul and others hadn’t attended previous class and as I missed then and also wanted to share with them as to what was taught in class, I agreed to meet them today at a park. Others met here regularly but I hardly joined them mostly because of my official constraints. Today, I rescheduled my work to squeeze this meeting with them. I was glad I did it at the end of the day too!

I met them and after exchanging pleasantries gave them “Krishna’s management tips”. They listened and then said “Good atleast you attended among us. And here take this notes from the class that you missed “I was surprised. Because all the years I have known Rahul, he has never taken notes – never! And he had taken notes on the day I was absent. I questioned him with my eyes and he chuckled before answering “yeah, I don’t take notes and I know how you are crazy about taking notes. So thought would take it down for you. Well, not as detailed as yours but...adjust yaar....”. I was touched! It meant a lot for me. She had said umpteen times “If you have heart to feel, your eyes can see love in every small acts of others”. Today I saw ‘love’.

Such small acts, talked about ‘person’s character’. She was right. One small act can define who you truly are! When I got hold of my emotion, I started going through his notes.

“Vedantic stories, itihaas, puranas weren’t some ‘hog washed wizardy stories’ written by some desperate character in a dingy tea stall.

These were written by ‘Rishis’ who were far advanced in ‘spiritual path’ and who became voice of the Divine by totally negating their ego. So, the characters and their acts weren’t something written to fill the gaps of the story or to increase the word count or the length of these tales. They are called ‘Itihaasam’ which in Sanskrit (language) means “that which happened exactly so”. It is no fiction of some mind. Now if we take Krishna’s act of stealing butter – this point becomes very clear. The spiritual truth is so effortlessly explained.

Milk is the purest form of food available to man that can be taken by toddler to ripe old man. Even the sick can digest it. Cow is considered the epitome of purity among animals and it converts grass into milk and gives us this milk. This milk is again set to become curd.

This milk should be kept at a place where it is not disturbed, otherwise it doesn’t become curd.

Like-wise everyone should go into solitude say atleast for a day and sit in meditation without external turbulence acting on his senses to enable his mind to set on the Divine. Three-days would be excellent though!






...contd....

No comments: