Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Worm and the elephant - Me, My Guru



….contd…..

Worm and the elephant 

 Me, My Guru

It was a beautiful day and so wanting to make most of it, I moved on. But only physically. Mentally i was still stuck in ‘their’ conversation.





Did we admire elephants because we knew of their great strength?  Or was it because of all the work that they were capable of doing? Was it for their precious ivory? I pondered over these points for sometime to come and later realized that it was not to be so. Then what was it that brought that smile on everyone’s face the moment they saw this beautiful, huge animal.


“Hey, why are you getting drenched? Come into the shelter” was the voice that made me look around. All others had gathered under a shelter and I was standing all alone on that pathway. I didn’t understand anything. Kiran just came and pulled me into the shelter.


“Were you day-dreaming?”


“No, he really must be enjoying these showers, for sure. Am i right?”


“No. He was so lost when he looked at us. I am sure he was in a trance”.


All these and more sentences, queries and suggestions were bombarded at me. But to me all faces and voices looked and sounded distant.


“What happened?” that was Rahul who took me closer to him and asked in a whisper. Just then a boy selling tea came from nowhere and his tea was sold out in no time. And for me, that was just what I needed.


Sipping tea sitting on a rock as rain had stopped as suddenly as it had started, i narrated the entire episode to Rahul. Didn’t know how others would react – so...He just nodded his head and was silent for some time.


“So, what do you think?” I asked him sheepishly.


“About what?” he asked surprised.

...contd....

No comments: