Monday, August 15, 2016

Worm and the elephant - Me, My Guru





Worm and the elephant

Me, My Guru


Children were excited when the baby elephant put its trunk on their head. Few were frightened and stood afar. But nonetheless, they were excited. I was no exception. I was as excited as them – if not more! This was not the first time that we were looking at the elephant and yet – well it was ever so new and yet the feeling was same.

Just a look at it standing there brought a smile on our lips – for sure and everytime it was the same!

I am sure this part of zoo must be everyone’s favourite and all spent more time here than other places put together!

I was so lost looking at the swaying of his body (which seemed like dance to me) that it was with a jerk that I heard some voices coming from the nearby bushes. I went near the bushes to see what it was all about.

There were a group of worms talking and arguing among themselves.

One said “I never understood why people found those elephants so fascinating and adorable. It really irritates me”.




Other one replied “And to think that they are not as vibrant and colourful as us when we become butterflies”

“Yes and to become such beautiful butterflies, we go into deep state of meditation and then get transformed into such wonderful and beautiful ones!” added the other one.


I was bit shocked to hear them state that they meditated, but then I realized soon enough that their cocoon stage was considered as ‘meditation stage’ by them. I felt it was fair enough. It though amused me a bit.

“But look at these elephants with the single bland colour all through their lives and they can’t even fly and yet….”

“Not only that! We help in pollination and they do nothing and yet they attract one and all! I wonder how and why?”

These arguments from their side seemed valid. They were all facts and yet……..

“I hate these elephants for getting all the attention and love that they don’t deserve!”

Was their anger valid? Was their frustration based on facts justifiable? I wondered!



It was so true that these things that these worms and later to become butterflies were capable of which for certain these elephants weren’t capable of. Does that mean that ‘they’ didn’t deserve all the love and adoration that they received? I wondered!


...contd...

No comments: