Monday, August 22, 2016

Work on Essence





Work on Essence and Leave the Physicality!

Me, My Guru

“Yesterday, I saw you at Narayanguda X roads” I said in a not so certain voice from behind her. She was pruning her plants and I stood just a little afar.

“Mmhoon” was the only sound she made and she didn’t even turn her head as she uttered that sound.

“I saw you driving” I added almost certain that she would turn around now hearing me say that.

“mmm” still only a sound.

“I also saw that you were wearing jeans and t-shirt” I finished almost blurting those words. I waited for her reaction. She completed her pruning and turned and simply said “Ok” as a matter of fact. I had expected to see her bit worried or in fear. I expected any reaction but this cold ‘okay’ and ‘mm’ from her. But she continued her job with her usual stance and grace as if I didn’t exist or as if what I said didn’t matter.

I had expected this ‘shocked’ expression from her but it was I who was in that state now.

I couldn’t digest the entire episode and hence was struggling in my silence.


It was when we were having tea that I blurted it out to Rahul. He laughed and asked “You expected her to be shocked and frightened? What for? Do you think she is a criminal in a hiding afraid of being recognised and caught? Why would you expect her to be shocked of you having seen her on some road?” He was laughing all through these questions. I was both angry and confused now. Angry that he found the whole episode so amusing when I was actually suffering so much because of it and confused that he didn’t find it odd – i mean even after what I told him about her.

He was still laughing when ‘she’ joined us and with a look a smile she asked “What happened?” No words exchanged but her expression was so pregnant with that question that Rahul blurted out “You have confused this poor soul with your driving skills and attire”.

“Oh!”she said smiling “Is it true?” she asked immediately.


“Well, sort of” I said almost in a whisper. May be it came out as whining, I don’t know but she too had joined Rahul in laughing. I felt so stupid now. Well other had joined us by then and she started her talk “If an attire decides ones ‘spirituality’ and ‘nature’ then people wearing colours decided for ‘sanyasi’ and ‘God-men’ couldn’t be more right. They would automatically become ‘good and genuine Gurus or Preachers’. But it was not so! So many Gurus’ of Ashrams spread in various countries had been exposed of the scandals they were involved in! They were wearing the ‘cloth’ assigned to ‘God Men’ and yet they with their behaviour proved otherwise! Colour of dress or attire doesn’t define ‘ME”. It just serves the purpose of clothing my body. Period! Its utility ends there. It has no connotation on my ‘character’. 


Just imagine! If character could be expressed through attire, then we don’t need so much of healing techniques. We just have to ‘clothe’ people – all people in a certain way and lo! Their character would be changed to ‘good ones’ instantly. If only things were so simple!



...contd....

No comments: