Friday, April 15, 2016

On self-learning





Me, My Guru

On self-learning



Though it was me who questioned on ‘Nirvana Satakam’ I didn’t understand a word of what she said or explained. She had infact talked on this subject on various occasions and yet……. I never got the import of her words. Yes, I did know all the words that she used to explain Nirvana Satakam but the meaning kept evading me. My logic mind kept trying to explain to me saying “oh, it’s so easy, what’s so difficult? Body is mine but I am not the body. It’s so simple! What’s the difficulty in understanding that?” But I knew it was certainly – not as simple as that! Because, it be so, then I shouldn’t be suffering the pain that my body experiences. Yet I am wriggling in pain. And when I say I here, I mean ‘I am the body’. I can’t see it any way else! Period! The same applied to other explanations too. But there was no point going there again especially when I know I’ll never know by logic, examples or for that matter even by explanation. So I decided to rain check understanding on this issue. I liked this decision. I made me feel light. I congratulated myself on being so considerate on self which I am sure was long overdue!


 “Now where did you of all come across Nirvana Satakam and what did you want or wish to learn from it?” asked Rahul pulling my leg.
“Oh that! I was just scanning for some stuff and I came across this. The fact that Adi Shankaracharya wrote this as age eight intrigued me to want to know about that. But then I was lazy to put effort to read about it and so took the ‘highway route’ – that of posing this question to our Guruji”.

 
 

“Well then thanks a ton. We all benefitted because of that explanation of hers” said Anamika.






...contd.....

No comments: