Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Nirvana Satakam





…contd….

Now these words were ringing bell. Yes, I heard it many times from her and yet let her continue her explanation.


 “So in the I Stanza AdiShankaracharya says “I am not the mind, intellect nor ego. I am not the 5 senses meaning I am not the body which is governed by 5 senses of sight, smell, taste, touch and hearing. I am the experience experiencing through the body so how can I be the body? Simple! So I am beyond 5 senses. I am not the 5 elements that constitute this body. They are required for the body to come together but they are not me. I am beyond all these – I am Siva, the pure and love consciousness. Clear?” she asked.

I didn’t know if it was but I continued with II stanza


  प्राणसंज्ञो वै पञ्चवायुः
वा सप्तधातुः वा पञ्चकोशः
वाक्पाणिपादं चोपस्थपायु
चिदानन्दरूपः शिवोऽहम् शिवोऽहम् ॥२॥
  
"


“I am not the five types of vayu ( pancha prana)that constitute our body nor am I the 5 bodies that form my sheath i.e., annamaya kosha, pranamaya kosha, manomaya kosha, gyanamaya kosha and anandamaya kosha. These are called as ethereal bodies in English.



मे द्वेषरागौ मे लोभमोहौ
मदो नैव मे नैव मात्सर्यभावः
धर्मो चार्थो कामो मोक्षः
चिदानन्दरूपः शिवोऽहम् शिवोऽहम् ॥३॥

The III stanza mean, I am not 5 basic emotions viz., lust, anger, greed, envy or attachments. I have no duty nor any money nor do I need liberation as I am Siva the pure consciousness.

पुण्यं पापं सौख्यं दुःखं
मन्त्रो तीर्थं वेदा यज्ञाः
अहं भोजनं नैव भोज्यं भोक्ता
चिदानन्दरूपः शिवोऽहम् शिवोऽहम् ॥४॥

The IV stanza says that “I am neither the sin nor virtue, nor have happiness or sorrow. I am above dualities, rituals and sacrifices. I am neither the object nor subject or the act, for I am ‘that I am’ i.e., the pure consciousness – the Shiva.

...contd....

No comments: