Saturday, April 16, 2016

On self-learning





…contd….


Anamika was a girl who like her name was totally ‘unknown’ character in the group that met at Guruji. In all these years I hardly heard her speak. She just had a smile – a standard one stuck on her lips that never opened to say a word. Though sometimes I found her eyes say a lot most of which I didn’t fathom much. So, today when she thanked me it came out of blue and I literally was taken aback.


“What’s the use when I still didn’t get much of what she said” I rued. Anamika smiled and replied “if she in person couldn’t help you to understand, how in the hell did you expect to understand that by reading over the net?”



“Well, what’s wrong about that?” asked Saritha sort of innocently “I not only read such topics but also Upanishads, why, I have also learnt meditation techniques and such related techniques from the net. There is so much there, you know? After all, it’s all about learning. So how should it matter if it is learnt through a Guru or an internet?”


“Just the fact that you think this knowledge is on the same platform as that of ‘material knowledge’ explains your level of understanding and also where you stand on this subject.


NOWHERE. No doubt you don’t understand it inspite of reading it all” said Anamika.



“oh come on Anu, don’t you exaggerate now. Knowledge is knowledge. What’s the difference between this and that? And why can’t one learn this knowledge through internet?” questioned Saritha a little irritated.


“wow, wow, wow. Hold it! Tell me what is ‘this’ and ‘that’ first and what’s the difference between both” I intervened being totally confused.


“By this knowledge Anu meant knowledge of scriptures like Nirvana satakam, Upanishads and so. She also meant all such knowledge like meditation, healing techniques and such which are related to occult sciences.  And ‘that’ knowledge, she meant the subject knowledge of material sciences, i.e., all that belongs to this world – the physical world” explained Rahul.

...contd.....

No comments: