Monday, July 13, 2020

Me, My Guru – On broken pots


Contd.......



Me, My Guru – On broken pots

TOP 25 CRACKS QUOTES (of 932) | A-Z Quotes

Over the years, one of the pots developed a crack. It started to leak. But, as she was poor and couldn’t afford to buy a new one, she continued with the job as usual. The leaking pot would be half empty by the time she reached the top. But, since even that water was enough for the monk, she continued with her work.

life-philosophy | Raise Your Mind
The leaking pot saw that it was only half-full when it was being emptied into the earthen urn.  The other pot would be full and it looked proudly at the leaking pot. After sometime, the leaking pot asked the old woman “don’t you think I am useless? I am half empty by the time you reach the top of the hill. All your work goes waste. Are you not angry with me? Why don’t you change me?”

The 35+ Crack Quotes - ↑QUOTLR↑The old woman smiled lovingly and said “Tomorrow as I carry you up the hill notice the path we are walking on. We’ll talk later”.

The leaking pot agreed to this!

Next day leaking pot saw beautiful flowers on the path. It was so till the mountain cliff. When the old lady finally filled the earthen urn at the monk’s place, she sat down for a chat with the cracked pot. She asked “Did you see all the flowers along your path?”

The cracked pot replied “Yes, I did!”

Journey of a Joyful Pilgrim...: Kintsukuroi - The Stories within a cracked  pot.
“Well” continued the old woman lovingly “I knew about your flaw and so held you in a way that the plants and seeds on your path get watered. And now I pick those lovely flowers to place it at my master’s place.  You see without your flaw all those flowers wouldn’t have bloomed. Your flaw is a flaw only if you stop at that. You can turn it to benefit so many as you make your life journey. Then your flaw becomes your strength” so saying she turned towards cracked pot smiling.


Contd....... 

# life and its challenges, problems of life, life, expectations, karma, dharma, 



What did you take so far from this story?


No comments: