Monday, May 28, 2018

The Winds of fate - A poem




The Winds of fate

One ship drives east and another drives west
with the selfsame winds that blow.
Tis the set of the sails
and not the gales
which tells us the way to go.
Like the winds of the seas are the ways of fate,
As we voyage along through the life
Tis the set of a soul
That decides its goal
And not the calm or the strife.

Ella Wheeler Wilcox

What does this poem tell us?
How are we to apply it in our lives?
What does wind and gale and sail represent in our lives?

1 comment:

Mona said...

Beautiful poem! I'm surprised that I had missed it. Our thoughts and actions determine our future.
I think the words, "I dint do it, I dint want it, I dint work towards it", are very empowering. If you ask someone why they failed at something, the answer almost never starts with I. It's always someone else, or something else. The most blamed ones are parents and God. But the words "I dint.." empower you to choose what you want the next time around. If we failed because of someone else, we have no possibility of winning unless that "someone else" does what we exactly expect them to do. 🙏