Monday, February 22, 2021

Me, My Guru – Indra and I

 Contd.....

Me, My Guru – Indra and I 


Weather had become strange of late! It was raining heavily and the wind blew away almost everything. One night Manda’s fields were totally destroyed in the storm that blew the night before. His mansion collapsed. His children and wife died. His cattle either died or ran away hither-thither. Everything he had worked for was lost. Falling on the ground Manda cursed Lord Indra for being cause of his misery. He went around the village stating that the Indra caused havoc in his life and so doesn’t deserve ‘fire offering’ (homam). Villagers found his argument right. Lord Indra was the Lord of rains and caused thunder and storm too! So, he was responsible for all this havoc* logically speaking. This seemed right!

*(havoc – using right data to arrive at wrong conclusion is the work of mind that is disturbed by desires, ego and emotions)

Few days passed. No ‘fire offering’ for Lord Indra in that village.

Now Lord Indra found this disturbing. So, he took a guise of an old Brahmin and met our dear Manda. He asked “What happened here? Why are you crying?”

Manda replied “I had a huge mansion with wife and children. I was a rich man. I had lots of cattle. And yet now both my riches and my life is in ruins”.

Brahmin asked “Pray tell me, who gave you cattle”

“Why me of course!” replied Manda with pride “I worked hard to earn it”.

“Oh I see!” replied Brahmin. “Then who gave you land and riches”

“Well I worked hard to get them” replied Manda proudly.

“And wife and children – who sent them into your life?” asked Brahmin with a grin in his eyes. 

“I sought them out myself!” replied Manda pompously.

“Then what caused this misery in your life? Who took away everything?” asked Brahmin.

“Lord Indra of course!” replied Manda angrily.

“How can Lord Indra who was not there to give you anything take away any of these?” asked Brahmin laughing.



Now our Manda was a student – a good one too (in studies) who had learned and studied Upanishads and other great texts under his Guru. So, he didn’t argue senselessly. He didn’t need lengthy explanations. One question was enough to make him realize where and how his line of thought was going wrong. He immediately fell on Brahmin’s feet and said “Dear sir, you have opened my eyes. You shook my ignorance that came because of my ego and arrogance in me! You can’t be a normal mortal! Please show me your real self!” 

Contd.....

# right and wrong, dharma, freedom, purpose of life, challenges of life, body spirit balance, ignorance, illusion, maya, Guru, role of Guru, boon, curse, desires, karma, ego, blessing, material benefits vs real wealth, abundance, 

also read : https://kantipadam.blogspot.com/search?q=burning+hut 

Read the above link to understand the following points/questions : (and share others which you have understood) 

Why does it seem like it is the end of the world or life moment?

What comes after the worst period of life?

Even after doing sadhan/reiki/believing God, how come things went for a toss in my life?

Why does a break down situation happen?

To bring more abundance in life, it is needed by life to burn down all that we have now for good.

(All this applies only if the person is in regular sadhan....and has worked on changing his attitude for better..)





No comments: