Sunday, July 2, 2017

Pray for others - Me, my Guru



Pray for others  - Me, my Guru


In one of the sessions, when we found some time, the discussion whirled towards ‘Pray for others’ topic. Each came up with his experience, observations and understanding.

“This exercise takes you through wonderful journey if you work on it”. That was Rahul summarising his journey with this attitude. “As suggested by her, I started with journey by simply ‘Praying for others’. At first, my understanding of that phrase was my immediate family – my spouse and children, because their condition, acts and attitudes affected me in every way. So, I suffered a pain on daily basis with them so I started ‘praying for them’. Like many I felt so ‘good’ for doing it. I thought I had become very magnanimous by doing it for them. It was only years later that I understand that that act of mine was only to make my life easier. It had nothing to do or take me to a level of ‘good person’. With this understanding my circle of ‘praying for others’ increased”.

“Just a minute! You just said ‘years later I understand’ but she had taken this session just few weeks ago” I intervened.
“Oh, did she? Go check your 15years back notes, you’ll find this topic” said Rahul mocking me with a smile.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are offering an important information. I’ll be your regular website visitor.