Thursday, September 29, 2016







In the end it doesn't matter how many breaths you took.
What would matter is 'how many moments took your breath away'.

Each one of us has just '24' hours in a day! Unfortunately it is same every day of our life! What makes one life different from others is how 'rich we are with moments that took our breath away'?

Be very stingy when it comes to the quality of breath that you take...
Be committed to make it 'special' and a 'wow moment' to you...and you don't need that 'special' person or 'thing' (like house, promotion, good boss/colleague, money, or an ideal place or time) to make it 'special' for yourself....

Decide to 'drop precious moments' each day in your 'time bank'.
Yes. Treat Time as a bank where you have opened an account and make a commitment to yourself that you would deposit atleast a dozen of 'wow moments' in that account at the end of the day...

don't try too hard....don't be tensed to create one too! just be!

A wow moment need not be a ' perfect moment' or a 'good moment' (I mean the way it is usually defined).

For eg. you have a meeting an important one and you need to go in time. You are caught in rain and traffic jam and your dress has gone for a toss! Now can you make that a 'wow moment'?

If yes, you have learnt the 'art of living' and 'art of celebrating life'.

Let us look at one more situation that can be converted into 'wow moment'.

You meet someone after long gap and you are very happy to meet him and run /walk with excitement to talk to him and he turns around, looks at you and says 'God you really have put on lots of weight/ you really have lost your looks/ what's happened to you?' or similar (insulting/hurting ) statement. Can  you make that a 'wow moment'?

Will give few such moments when you can turn them into 'wow moments -

when someone comes up to you and says -
...heard about your loss. (financial/job/death ) . how did it happen? how are you coping with it now? how are you managing?
....heard that your child's not getting 'right alliance'. why so?
don't you want to get your child married? not looking for alliance for your child?....etc...
....heard you had a divorce...what's the reason?

all such similar situations we want to say 'oh, shut up' i don't want your 'empty sympathy' and we usually lose our cool/ peace of mind/get hurt and feel bad and depressed......but the name of the game is to celebrate life 'inspite of and even in these situations'. Then don't you think we can have more of wow incidents in our lives........

share your responses or 'how you handle this situation to convert that into wow moments' ........if you haven't faced it then suggestions as to how to handle it better......

decided to celebrate life .........i can't let others ruin it for me!

forget about later...live now!
celebrate now!
make this breath 'take away your breath moment!'

3 comments:

Madhumita said...

I experienced something similar last week. I had a meeting quite far from my place. It usually takes about an hour to drive down, and I had planned the day accordingly. However, I got stuck in traffic and also got a little lost on the way. It took me more than 2 hours to reach the place, but I was thankful I reached somehow. However, the guy I had to meet said he had just left and that he won't be able to meet me.
Usually, I would get really frustrated and angry at something like this, but I was too tired to even react. I just parked my car in the shade and had my lunch peacefully with beautiful music playing on the FM. I then thought to myself that I might never really come to this part of the city again, and went around exploring the local markets and cuisine. I also took the pedal rickshaw just for the experience :-). The drive back was pleasant and I had no complaints whatsoever at the end of the day. I think I really needed this break after a hectic work week.

REVATHI said...

excellent! congrats on making the most of a 'so called bad experience'....way to go! bas yeh seekh lo bas zindagi asaan ho jaye....all the best!

Aarthi said...

Woooooo,
This wooo moment i experienced when our kids wanted to see (allu arjun) move alla vaikunt... First day first show. Tkts had been book in advance( SRIRAMAN)Theatre,v all planned to b atleast 10 mts ahead,and its Sunday. As v showed our ONLINE BOOKING TKTS ( TAT uncle smiled and said its srirama,1St show tktsBUT (BAHADURPURA) NOT ABERPET,🙊🙊🙉🙈🙈🤦🏻🤦🏻🙆🏻🙆🏻 v went crazy,laughed,,how all 5 members did not notice,but v didn't want to spoil kids mood v booked cab and went to BAHADURPURA,all r journey cab driver also enjoyed with us,wat a experience....its was almost 7.15 v reached...still v enjoyed our move,our ride,our mistake.😆😆😁